Astros or Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astros or Braves

Ok, so we haven't won the series against the Padres yet.

BUT, who would you rather face in the NLCS: Braves or Astros?

I'm not sure who I should root for. I'm thinking the Braves.
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Braves.

I'd rather not have to face Houston's pitching, even though we did sweep Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens...

Lidge has the Cardinals' number, and Izzy sucks against Houston...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 6 2005, 07:23 PM) Quoted post

Braves.

I'd rather not have to face Houston's pitching, even though we did sweep Oswalt, Petitte, and Clemens...

Lidge has the Cardinals' number, and Izzy sucks against Houston...
      [/b][/quote]
      Very true. The Braves bullpen is also horrible.
      1-0 Astros over Braves in the 1st off of Smoltz.
      In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Braves. no doubt.
        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Padres - and it will be the Padres until we find a way to get win number 3.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I'm definitely rooting for Atlanta. Houston is the only team in the NL that concerns me and it's not because of Clemens-Oswalt-Pettitte so much as it is Lidge and Izzy. Lidge owns the Cards and the Astros own Izzy. Plus, our bullpen as a whole isn't as good as it was last October so I have less confidence that our relievers can hold the fort until Lidge is out of the game, like they did in Game 6 last season.

Comment

To be honest, i'd rather have Houston advance.

Why? Because they can't hit for shit. Just ask Raja.

Comment

I'm leaning toward wanting to face the Braves, but I think we're superior to either team.

Best-case scenario.

A 15-inning affair in Game 5.

Wipe out both teams' rosters.

Life is good right now.

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 6 2005, 06:35 PM) Quoted post

Padres - and it will be the Padres until we find a way to get win number 3.
                  [/b][/quote]

Yeah, that should be a real scavenger hunt.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

For the most part, I'm hoping for a 27-inning Game 5, after which both Smoltz and Clemens announce their retirements at the end because their arms hurt so much.

But I'm rooting for the Astros. If we're going to lose the NLCS, which we're not, by the way, I'd rather it be to the Astros. Biggio, Bagwell and Berkman are classy people, and the organization seems to be a lot like the Cardinals. I've never hated them, even though they are a huge rival. Besides, I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for Oswalt, ever since he drilled that Cubs catcher in the back.

I don't hate the Braves, but I hate Braves fans. Spoiled front-runners. I can't imagine anyone ever worried about the crowd factor at a Braves' game.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

But I'm rooting for the Astros. If we're going to lose the NLCS, which we're not, by the way, I'd rather it be to the Astros. Biggio, Bagwell and Berkman are classy people, and the organization seems to be a lot like the Cardinals. I've never hated them, even though they are a huge rival. Besides, I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for Oswalt, ever since he drilled that Cubs catcher in the back.[/b][/quote]

Agreed. There really is not one person in the Astros organization that I hate.

Wait. Garner's wife was pretty damn annoying during her 234 appearances on FOX last year during the NLCS.

All in all, I think we match up better against the Braves.

I hate that fucking Tomahawk Chop.

Makes the crowd sound like a bunch of hypnotized zombies.

Actually, come to think of it, it's kinda fitting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Braves. Would you rather have to win a game at Turner or Enron?

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Oct 6 2005, 08:03 PM) Quoted post

Braves. Would you rather have to win a game at Turner or Enron?
                          [/b][/quote]

We don't have to win a game at either place. Just take four at home sweet home, like last year.

And I think you are forgetting the awesome intimidating power of the Tomahawk chop song. Don't know why they do that. Always thought the players would find it sort of soothing.
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

If you wanna be the best of what's around, beat the best of what's around....I don't care who we face, just bring it on.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 6 2005, 08:12 PM) Quoted post

If you wanna be the best of what's around, beat the best of what's around....I don't care who we face, just bring it on.....
                              [/b][/quote]

That's the sort of can-do attitude that will get your ass beat.

I'd really like to keep playing the Padres myself.....
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X