Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpen

Got a look at King, Lincoln and Tavarez.

Tavarez looked outstanding
    Lincoln was great except for the fielding.
    King, well, cg I will let you sum up his outing.

No HR in 3 innnings though, 5 SO...

I give them an A
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 6 2004, 07:12 AM
    Got a look at King, Lincoln and Tavarez.

Tavarez looked out standing
    Lincoln was great except for the fieding.
    King, well, cg I will let you sum up his outing.

No HR in 3 innnings though, 5 SO...

I give them an A
    It's probably been talked about in another thread, but what happened to King? Was he injured?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of lasvegasreb and his shoes.

Comment

King was a little rough, but a huge upgrade from fassero. Lincoln and Tavarez were throwing heat.
      Are you on the list?

Comment

I noticed when I was at ST and then even after cos I paid attention to him...but he seems to walk the first or so batter he faces.

Yesterday, to me, he looked nervous for a bit.

I really think he'll be fine. I dont' expect him to go all fassero on us.

If the worst he does is walk guys sometimes, then I won't complain too often.
        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

King will be fine, IMO.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I'll say King will be fine, but he wasn't very good yesterday. Auspicious beginning. Lincoln was better, but still not very good. Oh well, it's just the first game, right?

Comment

King eats too much.

Lincoln looked a little shaky at first, then he was outstanding, as was Tavarez.
              I'm always right.

Comment

King got himself into a jam, but for the most part got himself out of it, too.

Lincoln did alright. Had Matheny not blown the call, they wouldn't have given up that extra run.

King's struggles with the first two hitters make me glad that Tony didn't bring him in the previous inning.
                When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

On the basis of one game they certainly looked a 100% improvement over last years sorry lot.

Comment

The bullpen is going to be one of the brighter aspects of the team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Apr 6 2004, 08:18 AM
                      King eats too much.
                      Maybe King has just built in a large energy reserve for later this summer when it's 120 degrees on the field. Sly like a fox. Thinking ahead. Prepared like a boy scout.

I bet Dusty Baker would agree.

I'm curious, though, how well he moves for a fat guy. Would he have fielded that roller down the third base line?

Valenzuela did well with a similar body type.
                      Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

This was what you can expect from King, his report says balls and walks from him will drive you crazy, but he still usually gets the job semi-done.

Lincoln and Tavarez will likely be good, but not great. Especially JT, he can eat innings, but has some issues, unless he has matured a lot.
                        Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin@Apr 6 2004, 09:23 AM
                          Would he have fielded that roller down the third base line?

No. Matheny was yelling to "let it go foul."

We're still waiting.
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by justwundrin+Apr 6 2004, 10:23 AM-->
                            QUOTE (justwundrin @ Apr 6 2004, 10:23 AM)

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Apr 6 2004, 09:30 AM-->
                            QUOTE (WinstonSmith @ Apr 6 2004, 09:30 AM)
                            Working...
                            X