Sutcliffe and Piazza doing the White Sox/Red Sox game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sutcliffe and Piazza doing the White Sox/Red Sox game

If they could get Chris Berman out of the booth, this White Sox/Red Sox game would be very enjoyable to listen to. I think Sutcliffe and Piazza do a helluva job. Berman is a blowhard, dicknosed, cocksucking, son of a bitch. I can't stand the man.

That's all I have to say. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

berman disturbs my enjoyment of the game.

AND IT'S FOULLLL LLLLLL LLLL LLLllll llll ll
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

funny you should mention this: I was talking to lippa aboot this (before he started ignoring me b/c I was jinxing his sawx... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]) and said I was never a fan of piazza, solely basing the opinion on...

1) who he was
      2) what he did during those Home Run Derby commentating stints

after watching him tonite, I can tolerate it much better, but Berman is just awful....studio is where he excels; the booth, not a chance

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I was thinking the same thing - I like Piazza in the booth. I think he's doing a great job.

Comment

but the best is still Al Leiter.

yet another reason to root against the Yankees. If they make the ALCS, he won't be sitting in the booth.
          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

2-0 ChiSox...

Boston now needs to win 3 in a row...
            " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Oct 5 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

but the best is still Al Leiter.

yet another reason to root against the Yankees. If they make the ALCS, he won't be sitting in the booth.
              [/b][/quote]
              ++ on Leiter. He does a great job.

I always liked listening to Piazza during the HR derbies (is that how you spell it??---looks very strange right now). He can break a guy's swing down with the quickness. I dig.
              --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Yeah, exit stage right, fuckers.
                The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

I was amazed by how well MP was doing. I agree that if you get boomer out of there you have a great pair. After this long i don't think you need a J-school grad to say "Foul" or "Fair" or what ever boomer adds to the mix

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Oct 5 2005, 09:05 PM) Quoted post

After this long i don't think you need a J-school grad to say "Foul" or "Fair" or what ever boomer adds to the mix
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

++ Agreed.

That's about all Berman did.
                    --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Berman should stick to football on Sportscenter. How he gets the chance to commentate baseball is beyond me.
                      In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 5 2005, 09:31 PM) Quoted post

berman disturbs my enjoyment of the game.

AND IT'S FOULLLL LLLLLL LLLL LLLllll llll ll
                        [/b][/quote]
                        [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]

Worst call evar.
                        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Sutcliffe completely lost any credibility with me (and I'll admit that his YELLING vs talking was the first bit i.e. does he think we're ALL deaf?) was when he complained audaciously about some pitcher (can't remember who it was but it was earlier this year) who did that annoying fake throw towards third base to hold a runner with the swerve back towards first bast. The epitome of hypocricy!!!!

Rick Sutcliffe, with the Dodgers, Cubs AND the Cardinals ABUSED that stupid move more than any other pitcher in the past 50 years of baseball. I've met him and he's a nice guy (a guy I worked with introduced me to him in Chicago in the 80's). BUT, he's the worst color man in baseball history and his voice is the worst in media....even when he's not SHOUTING at all of us.

Comment

Sutcliffe is amost as annoying as Berman.

And I enjoyed his analysis the other day when he told us that Ozzie Guillen "set up" a big 5-run first inning for the White Sox with that sacrifice bunt.

They scored five in SPITE OF the sacrifice, Rick. Not because of it.

If they hadn't given away an out, they could have scored six. Or more.

Comment

Working...
                            X