Home warranty companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home warranty companies

I've had this claim I've been trying to turn into the home warranty company for the past 6 months. I had to replace the motor to my pool back in April, and I had tried two previous times to notify the warranty company about the claim. The first time, they requested a copy of the home inspection and the reciept of the purchase of the new motor. So, i sent that to them. The guy on the phone told me he would call me back when he recieved the paperwork. He never called me back. A couple months went by (i get busy at work) , and i decided to try again. This time, i spoke with a different person, and they told me they didn't have the information in their file. So, i had to fax it to them again, and again, they told me that they would contact me back to let me know if they would accept the claim. Again, i never heard from them. Well, this past week, i thought i'd try again since the paperwork for the motor had still been sitting in my desk. I called the warranty company back, and gave them hell about how upset i was with their service. I basically told the woman that i wanted the issue resolved and that no one from their company had helped me with anything. The woman tried to reassure me that the problem was not being ignored, and that I shouldn't be upset with her because I had not talked with her before about the problem. I told her that I wanted her to promise to call me back about the claim within 3 buisness days, otherwise i would use her name and her co-worker's name who i had spoke to previously and inform their supervisor that it was because of their lack of service that I would not renew my warranty services with them. I asked her if she could promise to call me back regarding the issue, and she said she could not. I told her that was ridiculous. Anyways, i finally told her that i wanted to hear from her by this Monday. I then forgot i had the day off, so i had to quickly change it to Tuesday, and she laughed at this, but told me that she would call me Tuesday. Yesterday rolls around and i no voice mails, nothing. I left her three different phone numbers. She didn't call me today, so i called them back and spoke with her, and she doesn't even remember speaking to me or what my complaint was about. And then, she tells me that the claim was denied back in early Semptember due to the wording on the motor reciept which stated "water level to low to start pump" and right underneath that it said, "need new pump motor." Apparently, they are trying to say that the motor failed because there was not enough water in the pool, which is complete bullshit because just above that it stated that the pool was being opened and that is why the water level needed to be higher.

A $500 / year home warranty plan, and they won't do shit to fix your home stuff. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Don't go buy a home warranty with Globe Home warranty. But, I'm sure there are a million others out there just like them. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

Ours wasnt that great either. We had to use their people to put a new furnace in and it still cost us too much, IMO.

Comment

We've had good luck with ours.

New dishwasher and new central air unit. Never an issue processing things with them, though you do have to pay for the initial call to look at the issue.

They'll reimburse you for that if you end up having to replace something.

They work with local contractors who are friendly. They do try to make sure the thing is dead before they'll replace it. That's ok as we bought our warranty for castrophic things like that AC unit.

Sorry to hear about yours.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 5 2005, 04:15 PM) Quoted post

New dishwasher and new central air unit. Never an issue processing things with them, though you do have to pay for the initial call to look at the issue.

They work with local contractors who are friendly. They do try to make sure the thing is dead before they'll replace it. That's ok as we bought our warranty for castrophic things like that AC unit.

[/b][/quote]

Please tell me you use AHS.

Comment

QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Oct 5 2005, 04:14 PM) Quoted post
          Ours wasnt that great either. We had to use their people to put a new furnace in and it still cost us too much, IMO. [/b][/quote]
          What did it run you compared to a new one?

For replacing a central air unit we had to pay $115 out of pocket to dispose of the unit and the gas.

And if they don't drop us, I think the furnace may be next. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Oct 5 2005, 04:16 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Please tell me you use AHS. [/b][/quote]

Yes. lol

Quit stalking me.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 5 2005, 04:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yes. lol

Quit stalking me.
              [/b][/quote]

It's who we went through, asshat.

Although, do their 'sister' companies call you non stop soliciting their services?

Comment

I'm still pretty upset about this whole situation right now. I think I'm going to call their supervisor still. Thats just pathetic customer service.
                And I'm definitely switching next year.

Does anybody have any idea whether or not i could claim that cost off my taxes for next year?

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Oct 5 2005, 04:18 PM) Quoted post
                  QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 5 2005, 04:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yes. lol

Quit stalking me.
                  [/b][/quote]

It's who we went through, asshat.

Although, do their 'sister' companies call you non stop soliciting their services? [/b][/quote]
                  I haven't noticed. Maybe we're in a lower income bracket than you.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 5 2005, 04:16 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(#1 Jimmy fan @ Oct 5 2005, 04:14 PM) Quoted post
                    Ours wasnt that great either. We had to use their people to put a new furnace in and it still cost us too much, IMO. [/b][/quote]
                    What did it run you compared to a new one?

For replacing a central air unit we had to pay $115 out of pocket to dispose of the unit and the gas.

And if they don't drop us, I think the furnace may be next. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]

I think our out of pocket was somewhere around $450, but it was two years ago, so I'm not sure exactly how much.

We thought it was a good deal since the people we bought the house from paid for it, but not really sure if we got screwed on the furnace deal. That was the only thing to break down.

Comment

Working...
                    X