Signs I'm getting old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs I'm getting old

I'm turning in old people hours without skipping a beat. Up at 7:30 and to bed at 2 is no problem for me in repeated patterns.

I'm actually being productive all day long. Working in between classes and such.

I've taught myself to drink coffee. Not just Starbucks espresso drinks... I'm talkin black coffee.

Someone tell me that it's not just downhill from here [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Once you start listening to AM radio almost exclusivly, you've officially turned into your Dad. Happened to me about 5 years ago.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 5 2005, 09:54 AM) Quoted post

Once you start listening to AM radio almost exclusivly, you've officially turned into your Dad. Happened to me about 5 years ago.
      [/b][/quote]
      Egad... well as long as CD players stay cool I think I'll keep away from that trend... I guess it helps that I don't fancy NPR.

Oh, I have another sign I'm getting old... reading the Wall Street Journal.
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 5 2005, 08:52 AM) Quoted post
        I'm turning in old people hours without skipping a beat. Up at 7:30 and to bed at 2 is no problem for me in repeated patterns.

I'm actually being productive all day long. Working in between classes and such.

I've taught myself to drink coffee. Not just Starbucks espresso drinks... I'm talkin black coffee.

Someone tell me that it's not just downhill from here [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

Taking sleep over sex - first sign.

Taking pudding over cake - sign two.

White patent leather shoes - you have jumped the shark.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Wait until the first time you think to yourself that you really should watch how much you drink when you're out one night because you don't want to be in bad shape at work the next day.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Wait until the first time you think to yourself that you really should watch how much you drink when you're out one night because you don't want to be in bad shape at work the next day.[/b][/quote]

That's about it. I love drinking now as much as I ever did, but I'm no longer willing to pay the price for it.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Oct 5 2005, 09:46 AM) Quoted post

Wait until the first time you think to yourself that you really should watch how much you drink when you're out one night because you don't want to be in bad shape at work the next day.[/b][/quote]

That's about it. I love drinking now as much as I ever did, but I'm no longer willing to pay the price for it.
              [/b][/quote]
              Two years ago I could stay out until three, get hammered, then wake up three hours later and work a full day and be fine. I get less than seven hours of sleep after I drink now and I'm absolutely miserable the next day.

Also on the weekends now I'm up by 7:30, regardless of how much I drank or how late I stayed out the night before. Getting old sucks.

Comment

You're not old. You're just grown up. There's a difference. "Old" is an age for people 20 or 30 years older than you. I used to think 40 was old, but not anymore. Now, I see some hot 50-year-old women, and I think, "yeah, I'd hit it". To me, 80 is old.

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 5 2005, 10:52 AM) Quoted post

Getting old sucks.[/b][/quote]
                  ++
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 5 2005, 09:52 AM) Quoted post

Two years ago I could stay out until three, get hammered, then wake up three hours later and work a full day and be fine. I get less than seven hours of sleep after I drink now and I'm absolutely miserable the next day.

Also on the weekends now I'm up by 7:30, regardless of how much I drank or how late I stayed out the night before. Getting old sucks.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    But the important question is how many times do you have to hit the ATM at the bar in a five minute period.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Has your hair started to turn white yet? That's usually a good sign. Oh wait...nevermind.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 5 2005, 10:02 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 5 2005, 09:52 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        But the important question is how many times do you have to hit the ATM at the bar in a five minute period.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        lol

Ah, memories.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 5 2005, 08:54 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          omg. I only listen to sports radio on am now.

I was wondering yesterday if that was weird. I even changed the settings in this rental car to all the stations I listen to...and they were all AM.
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

In STL, why listen to the radio at all?

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 5 2005, 08:52 AM) Quoted post

Someone tell me that it's not just downhill from here [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

You're not old when you go to bed at 2 and up at 7:30. You're old when you go to bed at 9 and get up at 5:30. That's when you're old. My grandparents used to go to bed after the 9:00 news on channel 11 and were up at 5 or 5:30.

I used to play softball 3 nights a week and close the tavern afterwards then get up at 5 and go to work. Couldn't do that anymore!

Like Lois said or somebody else said, you're just maturing, that's all. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X