Izzy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izzy...

It seems his save stats are vastly inflated. I recall him giving up the odd 3 or 4 runs here and there in several 9th innings where, had he not been playing for the Cards (who have the habit of building big leads)...he'd be blowing a lot of em. In the playoffs though, things tighten up, and Izzy's habit of making interesting pisses me off. Agree?

He was one pitch away from blowing a 6 run lead. Give me a fuggin break.
    The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
    A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

He does it all the time.

Bends, doesn't usually break.

Ho hum.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Not a huge fan of the guy, but his #s are good this year.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 4 2005, 03:20 PM) Quoted post

He does it all the time.

Bends, doesn't usually break.

Ho hum.
        [/b][/quote]

Exactly. The bigger the lead, the less interest from Izzy. Which is why I don't understand why TLR, Duncan continue using him in big lead situations. He NEVER gets focused until the game is close.
        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Everyone STFU about Izzy.

There are about 4 closers in baseball who are definitely better then him...

We are lucky to have him.
          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Obviously I'm pulling for the guy. And his heart is there, he grew up a Birds fan. But fuckinA!... he to gives up enough runs to bring the tying or winning run to the plate way too often for my liking.
            The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
            A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 4 2005, 03:23 PM) Quoted post

Everyone STFU about Izzy.

There are about 4 closers in baseball who are definitely better then him...

We are lucky to have him.
              [/b][/quote]

I'm not bitching about him, just the way he is used sometimes. I love Izzy except in big lead situations.
              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

He's not what you'd call a lights out closer.

He's more of an exciting closer.

Comment

2.14 ERA.

No.
                  Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 4 2005, 03:21 PM) Quoted post

2.14 ERA.

No.
                    [/b][/quote]

++

The 3 or 4 run outings tend to stick out in our minds.
                    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I'm less worried about Izzy than I am about the other three. We can't have every reliever come in and give up a run -- unless we're playing the Padres and have a 10-0 lead or something.
                      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

This is the playoff year that our relievers provide the drama.

Izzy bends quite a lot, doesn't he? And he does break ocassionally. I don't really give a fuck about his stats. He scares all hell out of me.

King? Reyes? Eldred? The kid with the weird eyes? Tavarez?

I'm not so worried about our ODogs dying on the vine this year as I am of our relievers blowing leads.

Time will tell.
                        Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

QUOTE(space invader @ Oct 4 2005, 03:19 PM) Quoted post

He was one pitch away from blowing a 6 run lead. Give me a fuggin break. In the playoffs though, things tighten up, and Izzy's habit of making interesting pisses me off. Agree?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Boxers all seem to have nicknames, regardless of their skill level in the squared circle. The good ones have 'em as do the bad ones. Likewise, Izzy is usually very good, but on occasion very bad.

Thus my personal nickname for him: "Never Easy" Izzy.

I also agree completely with what Morgan said today: "If you're the Cardinals or TLR, you have San Diego down in a hole, and you don't want to give them any thing positive to take from this game."

Izzy slipped a bit today. San Diego walks away saying "We only lost by three...and outscored them 5-0 after trailing 8-0."

Bottom line, we won. Not necessarily definitively as it once appeared, but we pummeled their ace.

Again, I agree with Morgan, but if I were SD, I'd also be saying to myself: "Damn, they manhandled our number 1 starter. What hope do we have?"

Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
                          "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

I think the guy is a douchebag.

Then again, I think kah has douchebag tendencies, and I like him. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I think we ought to get off Izzy's back.

He got us out of a big jam and recorded the save.

And the war in Iraq is going very well, I might add.
                              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X