• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers cut Tracy loose

Dodgers announce Tracy's dismissal
    10/03/2005 9:39 PM ET
    By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

The Dodgers have announced that they and manager Jim Tracy have mutually agreed to part company, ending Tracy's five-year tenure in charge of the team.

Tracy, 49, had just completed the first season of a two-year contract, but he had a clause that would allow him to void the upcoming year. Last month he requested an extension.

After guiding the Dodgers to four consecutive winning seasons and a division title in 2004, Tracy saw his roster decimated by injuries in 2005 and slip to fourth place and a 71-91 record, the worst for a Dodger club since 1992.

"Jim Tracy has been a passionate and valued member of the Dodger organization. I have an extremely high regard for him professionally and personally," said Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta. "However, we felt strongly it was time for a change."

"It has been a privilege to work with the Dodger organization," said Tracy. "My seven seasons in Los Angeles have been a part of my life that I will never forget and for that I am truly grateful.

"I wish the McCourts, the team, and the fans and the whole Dodger organization nothing but the very best."

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. [/b][/quote]

Read all aboot'it

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Good for Tracy. The Dodgers are a joke.

Walter O'Malley must be spinning in his grave.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 3 2005, 09:28 PM) Quoted post

Good for Tracy. The Dodgers are a joke.

Walter O'Malley must be spinning in his grave.
      [/b][/quote]
      ++

Tracy is a class act. Any organization would be lucky to have him. I bet he's managing somewhere next year.
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Paul DePodesta has royally screwed up that team.
        I wonder what Beane could do with that type of payroll. Apparently, DePodesta didn't learn much.
        In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 3 2005, 09:37 PM) Quoted post

Paul DePodesta has royally screwed up that team.
          I wonder what Beane could do with that type of payroll. Apparently, DePodesta didn't learn much.
          [/b][/quote]
          ++

Anytime your 3 best players are J.D. Drew, Jeff Kent, and Milton Bradley, you've gotta know you don't stand a chance. The Dodgers did Tracy a favor. Did I mention Jeff Weaver?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I hope Tracy gets on with a quality organization.
          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
          --Suck it cubbies.
          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Pittsburgh might make a run for him, since it looks like Jim Leyland is going to Detroit.
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Another Faction darling bites the dust.

Comment

Working...
              X