Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate '05 - October 8

Hello All -

Well, the time has finally arrived. I leave for Nashville in a few hours. It turns out I should have access to e-mail. I have already sent Guppy my cell number - it's time to actually organize this if we're going to do it.

I will be at the Sharks-Blues game at Savvis on October 8. The plan is to have the tailgate in Guppy's parking lot before the game. As I will be in a hotel room and cannot cook, I will bring beer, chips, or other things you guys want that don't require preparation. My wife and son will be with me.

Somebody needs to bring real food, or at least figure out where we can purchase large quantities (wings, chili, hot dogs, whatever), we need to set up a time to do it, and figure out exactly who will be there. Please PM me with phone numbers and/or e-mail addresses and let's set this up. I'll be chacking well into the evening tonight, and while I'm in Nashville and Chicago. In any case, as they say in 8-ball Deluxe - "Let's stop talking and start chalking!"

Couple-hour BUMP, as this is time-sensitive.

OK guys, so far I've received ONE reply, and one at LetsGoBlues. Is anybody else up for this tailgate? If not, it might just turn into dinner or something somewhere.

Comment

I'm headed to Hermann, MO for the day - I have a day of fishing with the kids and drinking wine ahead of me.

Provided how many peeps have tickets, this will prolly be a go.

These things usually come together the day before, not so much 5 days ahead of time.

Plan on going - keep in touch with Guppy and he'll let you know how things go.

Well that's my $0.02 anyway.
      Feb. 08, 2005
      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
      Originally posted by Airshark
      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 3 2005, 08:44 PM) Quoted post

OK guys, so far I've received ONE reply, and one at LetsGoBlues. Is anybody else up for this tailgate? If not, it might just turn into dinner or something somewhere. [/b][/quote]

I believe I may be able to make this afterall. If you want some quickish "real" food, there's a decent pizza/wings joint right across the street.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 3 2005, 09:42 PM) Quoted post

OK guys, so far I've received ONE reply, and one at LetsGoBlues. Is anybody else up for this tailgate? If not, it might just turn into dinner or something somewhere. [/b][/quote]

I believe I may be able to make this afterall. If you want some quickish "real" food, there's a decent pizza/wings joint right across the street.
          [/b][/quote]

I think that's probablt pretty reasonable. So far I'm counting one yes, one part-timer, two maybes, plus myself.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 4 2005, 12:24 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Prngr44 @ Oct 3 2005, 09:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I think that's probablt pretty reasonable. So far I'm counting one yes, one part-timer, two maybes, plus myself.
            [/b][/quote]
            There are plenty of eating establishments around to get your grub on if we can't get a few to tailgate.
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I'm in for whatever.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

The game is at 7:00. Let's tentatively plan on meeting there sometime like 5:00? 5:30? Is that good? We could eat before the game. I think I have directions to Guppy's, but in nay case exchange of cell numbers is the best plan. I've already exchanged with two people.

Comment

So are we tailgating or not? I need to know if I have to head to Sam's for brisket, etc. this week.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 4 2005, 06:44 AM) Quoted post
                    So are we tailgating or not? I need to know if I have to head to Sam's for brisket, etc. this week. [/b][/quote]

Ooh!

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

So are we tailgating or not? I need to know if I have to head to Sam's for brisket, etc. this week.
                      [/b][/quote]

I will be there. I have to figure out where Guppy's lot is, but assuming I do, I can bring whatever doesn't require preparation. SOMEBODY let me know what that might be!

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 4 2005, 09:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I will be there. I have to figure out where Guppy's lot is, but assuming I do, I can bring whatever doesn't require preparation. SOMEBODY let me know what that might be!
                        [/b][/quote]
                        A keg?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I'm in for tailgating.

I can bring a small weber for grilling.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

you know, last time I did that...I caught my hair on fire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

It was only a tiny bit, but still...it was on fire - and I was sober at the time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
                            Feb. 08, 2005
                            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                            Originally posted by Airshark
                            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Already booked but have a good time
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X