X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you liberals on the foram - Part Deux

QUOTE(Damon @ Oct 3 2005, 05:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
    wow, it looks like a map of population concentrations. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Damon, you are a right thinking kind of guy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

QUOTE(StlJoe @ Oct 3 2005, 10:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Damon, you are a right thinking kind of guy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
        Where would you rather live?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 3 2005, 11:59 PM) Quoted post
          QUOTE(StlJoe @ Oct 3 2005, 10:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Damon, you are a right thinking kind of guy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
          Where would you rather live?
          [/b][/quote]
          Evidently not where hurricanes and earthquakes happen.

Comment

I have always thought showing this map is so funny?
            What does it mean?
            Yeah there is a lot more fucking red?
            But it has nothing to do with the numbers of people who voted, just where they live.

Hell there is a lot of red there, but the president is under 50% in just about every poll on every issue.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

There's some big ass counties in Wyoming, California and the southwest.
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 4 2005, 02:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

A couple in Nevada look bigger than Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 4 2005, 02:24 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 4 2005, 02:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

A couple in Nevada look bigger than Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
                  [/b][/quote]

Damn.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

A much better map I've seen blends colors smoothly based on the fraction of voters that voted Blue (0,0,255) and Red (255,0,0). So if a county went 51-49 Red, the color would be nearly pure purple, very slightly reddish; if it went 51-49 Blue, the color would likewise be almost pure purple, very slightly bluish.

The map was amusing because even the very bluest and reddest areas were still overall, pretty damn purple. When you look at a map like that, you realize that the country as a whole isn't very divided at all.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 4 2005, 02:27 AM) Quoted post

A much better map I've seen blends colors smoothly based on the fraction of voters that voted Blue (0,0,255) and Red (255,0,0). So if a county went 51-49 Red, the color would be nearly pure purple, very slightly reddish; if it went 51-49 Blue, the color would likewise be almost pure purple, very slightly bluish.

The map was amusing because even the very bluest and reddest areas were still overall, pretty damn purple. When you look at a map like that, you realize that the country as a whole isn't very divided at all.
                      [/b][/quote]

Yeah I was thinking along those lines too.
                      I mean Bush won, and he won "big" but come on, what 51, 52%. And people said mandate?
                      Hell one state goes the other way and he loses and it's a Mandate?

(all except for Kansas, I bet that state is red, and is pissed about that blue dot) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 4 2005, 02:31 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I mean Bush won, and he won "big" but come on, what 51, 52%. And people said mandate?

(all except for Kansas, I bet that state is red, and is pissed about that blue dot) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

Hey, I'm more pissed about the blue dots that are Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties in California.

A mandate is what you make of it. And if Bush thought he could use his mandate to reform social security, well, more power to him. That was a noble goal, even if it wasn't going to happen simply because verything that he does for the rest of his presidency is going to be bitterly opposed even if it's to declare he approves of motherhood, apple pie, and baseball.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 4 2005, 02:31 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

A minor point, but one thing I have always heard Democrats say is Bush won but it wasn't a mandate. People continue to misuse the term mandate. A mandate is instruction or authority given or conferred. If any president wins by one vote, he/she has a mandate. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                          I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

[/b][/quote]

exactly.

the country is very purple....not red and blue
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

There is alot of livestock in places where people voted Republican
                              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Working...
                              X