Should I be worried or happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried or happy?

Buster Olney, Gary Miller and Pedro Gomez picked the Astros to reach the World Series Along with Peter Gammons, Jayson Stark, Rob Neyer, Jim Caple and Sean McAdam who went one better and picked the Astros to win the World Series. Conversely only two guys picked the Cards to win it all.

Should I be worried? Is this something to be happy about or just the kiss of death.

ESPN "expert" postseason picks

Kiss of death.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(Xavier @ Oct 3 2005, 05:38 PM) Quoted post

Buster Olney, Gary Miller and Pedro Gomez picked the Astros to reach the World Series Along with Peter Gammons, Jayson Stark, Rob Neyer, Jim Caple and Sean McAdam who went one better and picked the Astros to win the World Series. Conversely only two guys picked the Cards to win it all.

Should I be worried? Is this something to be happy about or just the kiss of death.

ESPN "expert" postseason picks
      [/b][/quote]
      Ask Carlos Hernandez...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I'd say its either your boys or our boys

Just like last year with a 7 game NLCS

Buckle your chin strap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

This is a classic example of attempting to show intelligence by pretending that you know something everybody else doesn't, therefore justifying your position at ESPN.com

For if you pick the Cardinals like every other dumb schmoe, what's the point of paying your salary?
          The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

It's the "anyone but a Cardinal" syndrome...
            Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
            "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Big deal.

It's just ESPN hopping on the hottest team in the NL's bandwagon.
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I would be very scared, if I were you, X...

In fact, I wouldn't even watch any of the games...just check in here on Oct 31...we'll let you know if the Astros won... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I used to enjoy reading the prognostications of some of these "experts"...but they're a dime a dozen anymore, most of them lacking substance...so I usually take anything they say with a grain of salt if I bother to read what they have to say (which is rarely the case when it comes to Stark and Neyer)...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

This is a classic example of attempting to show intelligence by pretending that you know something everybody else doesn't, therefore justifying your position at ESPN.com[/b][/quote]

Bingo.

The Astros are the Cubs of the playoffs....pitching, pitching, pitching. No one seems to be noticing that they have no hitting, hitting, hitting, and that they'll need to win three games 2-1. Good luck wit dat.

Atlanta will find a way to eke out some runs. Houston probably won't.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Oct 4 2005, 09:15 AM) Quoted post

This is a classic example of attempting to show intelligence by pretending that you know something everybody else doesn't, therefore justifying your position at ESPN.com[/b][/quote]

Bingo.

The Astros are the Cubs of the playoffs....pitching, pitching, pitching. No one seems to be noticing that they have no hitting, hitting, hitting, and that they'll need to win three games 2-1. Good luck wit dat.

Atlanta will find a way to eke out some runs. Houston probably won't.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    The experts like to denigrate the Cardinals' offense by saying, "if you can effectively pitch around Pujols, the lineup isn't nearly as imposing." Yet they never say with the Astros, "if you can pitch around Ensberg, the lineup is flat-out awful."

Neutralize either one of Ensberg or Berkman, and like you said, the Astros are going to have to be pretty lucky to win three close games.

Comment

Xavier:

Ask the fans of the Ten-Years-in-a-Row World Champion Chicago Cubs.

The experts have always been right on the money with them.
                      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Gammons has sure changed his tune. He had the Cards beating the BoSox just last week on SportsCenter. Now the Cards don't make the WS and the Sox lose to the Angels.

This kind of reminds me of being a weatherman.

Comment

Working...
                        X