Playoff tradition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff tradition.

With teh important GDT decided, we have two things left on the playoff series checklist:

1. trash a Padres intarwebs forum.
    2. figure out where the Padres players are staying and keep them up as late as possible tomorrow night.

Who's in?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

do you think we'll see another "Welcome to prison rape...I mean Cardinal baseball" post?
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I'm down for number two.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

This is the only time, other than to make fun of the Scrubs, that NSBB comes in handy.

They say the Cubs and other visitors stay at the Hyatt-Regency St. Louis.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 3 2005, 04:38 PM) Quoted post

This is the only time, other than to make fun of the Scrubs, that NSBB comes in handy.

[/b][/quote]

As soon as we see their playoff roster, we need figure out their least known player and call the Hyatt-Regency and ask to speak to him. That'll confirm that they're there.
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 3 2005, 04:34 PM) Quoted post

2. figure out where the Padres players are staying and keep them up as late as possible tomorrow night.
            [/b][/quote]

While I would never condone such an unsportsmanlike tactic - if I were going to try something like that, my guess would be that they would stay at the same place that they do during the regular season. According to the Cardinals' media guide, the Padres road hotel in St. Louis is the Hyatt Regency - 314-231-1234.

Again, while I strenuously oppose such dirty tricks - if I were going to try something like that, I would do it tonight, rather than tomorrow night. I would also point out that some of their higher profile players are probably checking in under assumed names in an attempt to thwart people from doing something like this, so if I were going to try something like that, I might suggest lower profile, yet still important players to call...

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 3 2005, 04:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

As soon as we see their playoff roster, we need figure out their least known player and call the Hyatt-Regency and ask to speak to him. That'll confirm that they're there.
              [/b][/quote]
              Try the kid the cards traded to get Carlos Hernandez...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Ben Johnson.

Comment

I want to call their hotel and act like a drunken Kerry Robinson.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 3 2005, 04:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

While I don't condone such treachery - if I were to do something like that, I might check the Padres website to see who their traveling secretary would be, since he would be the one guy who would be least likely to use an assumed name.

Hypothetically, a check of their site would reveal an obscure name like Brian Prilaman as their director of team travel/equipment manager. Presumably he would be staying at the team hotel. Purely hypothetically of course...

Comment

Remember, we run the risk of getting members for their site. Look at what happened with the Astros last year.

We ended up with Xavier. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The real question is who knows someone who works at the Hyatt Regency?

Comment

We could always trash northside baseball....oh wait, I forgot they suck and didn't make the playoffs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 3 2005, 04:56 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Have Steve get a job as a bellboy or something for the next couple weeks.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 3 2005, 04:59 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 3 2005, 04:56 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Have Steve get a job as a bellboy or something for the next couple weeks.

[/b][/quote]

That would be too fucking funny.

3am: ROOM SERVICE FOR PEAVY!!!

4am: PEAVY, ROOM SERVICE..

When the Astros are in town..

3am: CLEMENS, I HAVE YOUR STEROIDS..
                              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Working...
                              X