Worry meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worry meter

Well, we got to 100 and scored a lot of runs the final weekend. I have no illusions, however, that that ended the worrying. When Suppan is your best pitcher (by far) going into the playoffs, I guess a little worrying is OK.

How worried are we, 24 hours before the ride begins?

Worried about the NLCS, not the NLDS.

On a scale of 7 to 23, I am about a 16 for the NLCS.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I'm worried. But I would be if we went 162-0.

Comment

I'm not really worried, not excited either. Well I take that back, I am excited for playoff baseball, but not excited because I think this is the year.

Doesn't mean I think they'll win or lose, just not worried or excited about the team.

We'll see what happens.
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

I feel good that the Cardinals should beat the Padres...and can beat the winner of the ATL-HOU series.

I feel nowhere near as good as I felt going into last year's playoffs, though.

That team just won games it shouldn't have won. It didn't matter the score, you always felt they would win.

This team you feel should win before the game starts, but you never know if they're going to underachieve.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I'm worried.

I always worry, but I'm more worried than normal. JJ.

Comment

I'm not greatestshow99 worried by any means, but the pitching concernes me. From Carp, through the bullpen all the way to Izzy. It's been so strong all year and right now at the most important part of the season, they're blowing up.

Offense seems to be clicking. Walker and Sanders came back at just the right time.

I'm cautiously optimistic though. These guys have all been through this before and I think the sweep last year left a bad taste in their mouths.

Birds over Pads in 4
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I haven't been this confident since 1967.

We've won 100 games with a mostly Triple A line-up.

The big boys are back.

They're not going to lose.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

After all the good things that happened in the game yesterday, with the exception of Morris of course, I am not worried at all. The Cardinals are on a high that is going to carry them through the playoffs and into the World Series. They are also going to win the World Series by the way.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

I'll let you know at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Serisously, if we beat Peavy in Game 1, it's over. If we lose, I'll say we still have a 50/50 shot at winning the series. Peavy winning two games and then a vintage 2001 type start is the only way they beat us.

Comment

Panic mode
                      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

I'm not worried at all. We're wining the world series this year.

Comment

My gut feeling is "extremes." I have a sense we're either going to drop it to the Padres (and quick), or win it all.

The stronger feeling is a seven-game win over the Yankees.

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 3 2005, 10:49 AM) Quoted post

I haven't been this confident since 1967.

We've won 100 games with a mostly Triple A line-up.

The big boys are back.

They're not going to lose.
                            [/b][/quote]

A prelude of the great writings to come!!!
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

I see us meeting the Red Sox in the series again and beating them in 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X