Martz calls Sun night team meeting, slams team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martz calls Sun night team meeting, slams team

Bernie (paraphrasing): "When the Rams go out of town, some park at the airport and some meet at Rams Park and ride a team bus. Last night when they got back, Martz announced a mandatory meeting at Rams Park immediately that night for the players and coaches. When they got back to RP, Martz laid into them. Said that that was a debacle and that they will never play that crappy again."
    Dude. Can. Fly.

did he bring a mirror?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Whatever.

Martz is a putz.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 3 2005, 10:11 AM) Quoted post

Bernie (paraphrasing): "When the Rams go out of town, some park at the airport and some meet at Rams Park and ride a team bus. Last night when they got back, Martz announced a mandatory meeting at Rams Park immediately that night for the players and coaches. When they got back to RP, Martz laid into them. Said that that was a debacle and that they will never play that crappy again."
        [/b][/quote]

Ooooh, anyone wanna put odds on that?
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Said that that was a debacle and that they will never play that crappy again."
          [/b][/quote]

He's quitting?
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 3 2005, 10:16 AM) Quoted post

Said that that was a debacle and that they will never play that crappy again."
              [/b][/quote]

He's quitting?
              [/b][/quote]

well played ...
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

He is such a freaking hypocrite. God, he needs to be gone. This team is never prepared at the beginning of games, and that quality is a direct reflection on MM.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 3 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post
                  He is such a freaking hypocrite. God, he needs to be gone. This team is never prepared at the beginning of games, and that quality is a direct reflection on MM. [/b][/quote]
                  ++

Comment

[/b][/quote]

What's the relevance to the bold part and the team meeting, Bernie? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never defended Martz. In fact, it is clearly time for a regime change, especially at the Defensive Coordinator positions, but, I think we should hold the players accountable every once in a while.

That secondary was an absolute joke.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Oct 3 2005, 10:13 AM) Quoted post

did he bring a mirror?
                        [/b][/quote]

++
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Oct 3 2005, 10:37 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

What's the relevance to the bold part and the team meeting, Bernie? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          [/b][/quote]

They normally drive directly home from the airport.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I think we should hold the players accountable every once in a while.[/b][/quote]

I agree. But that's also a reflection on Martz. I'm sure his tantrum made them rilly, rilly skurred.

Comment

QUOTE(El Birdo 1 @ Oct 3 2005, 10:43 AM) Quoted post
                              I have never defended Martz. In fact, it is clearly time for a regime change, especially at the Defensive Coordinator positions, but, I think we should hold the players accountable every once in a while.

That secondary was an absolute joke. [/b][/quote]
                              Yep.

Who chooses the players? Martz.

The players weren't at fault here as much as the coaches. Did we get any pressure on Manning? No. How many blitzes were called yesterday? 2.

The offense called for 2/3rds of the plays to have two tight ends.

Nah, this one's on Martz.

Comment

Working...
                              X