• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Today

Not today.

We don't play today.

(Just getting warmed up.....)

But I wouldn't mind seeing more people talk about yesterday's post-game celebration, especially those who were there. Was the crowd standing the entire time? It looked like it.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

You tease.
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

it looked great. Wish i was there

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

KBF,

I've slotted you with the #1 spot, a Carpenter spot, so you better bring something more than the recycling bin to the table tomorrow.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

This is my post from the GDT yesterday. It was a very moving and emotional experience. Very few people left after the game. And yes, most everyone remained standing for the entire time.

The game today was awesome. I said before the game even started that there would be no other ending to the game today other than a win by the Cardinals to reach 100 wins and close out the final regular season at Busch. The Cardinals came back from a 5-1 deficit to win the game. What a comeback! Also not only did the "stars" play in the game today, so did many of the "bench guys". That's how the Cardinals have had such a great season - with everyone pulling together to win games. A very fitting ending to the season.

Today's game and the post-game festivities is something that I will never forget for the rest of my life. I did not grow up in St. Louis and did not become a true Cardinals fan until my college days. Listening, and in some cases seeing, all of the history that has happened in Busch Stadium over the last 40 years was awe-inspiring. I realized today, what an impact the Cardinals, and Busch Stadium, have had in the lives of so many people. There was history being made and being retold right in front of me on the field today. I found myself getting choked up a few times watching the videos on the big screen and seeing all those players gathered together on the field.

If I ever had any questions about what being a Cardinals' fan was all about, I found out today.
          [/b][/quote]
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

it's hard to be happy today when I have no car because it has to be fixed because juvie thieves are stupid.

I was supposed to go to the game tomorrow but now that's up in the air.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I about started blubbering when Carol Buck gave her speach.

I thought the entire thing was extremely well done although I could have done without the awkward Bob Carpenter interviews on the field.
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Carpenter's joke about "Carpenter interviewing Carpenter" went over as well as Van Slyke and his idiotic analogy with Bonds and Bonilla.
                The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

For the 100th anniversary, I got a ticket and drove down on the spur of the moment, then sneaked on to the field, which was sort of cool. That was very nice, especially the ovation for Ozzie, who was in contract talks back then and seemed to genuinely appreciate the crowd's response. I remember Joe Torre talking about how great it would be to see the 100th anniversary logo in the center of a Championship ring...but alas...and Shannon seemed very ticked off when they could get the filmed tribute to Roger Maris to work.

I really debated driving down and trying to get in to yesterday's event. I really wish I would have. But the local affiliate up here did show about a half hour of it. Got to see Julian Javier, Phil Gagliano and Ed Spezio from that 64 team....fantastic.

Yesterday is one of those reasons why, if I ever see anyone wearing a Cardinals cap, I instantly feel that I'm going to know and like them.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 3 2005, 10:00 AM) Quoted post

it's hard to be happy today when I have no car because it has to be fixed because juvie thieves are stupid.

[/b][/quote]
                    Shoot, we'll fix that! We can carpool.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                    Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                    Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                    NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                    LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

isn't van slyke the guy that whitey said was the dumbest player he ever coached?

that's all I could think about when I saw him yesterday. And I wondered why they didn't describe him that way as they intro'd him.

Comment

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 3 2005, 09:00 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

CG...you need to be there. Rent a car. Do what it takes. I don't think you folks realize how those of us outside the greater St. Louis metropolitan area live vicariously through you guys. You're not just cheering for yourself. You're cheering for all of us.

Go. It's your duty.
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

am i the only one who thought Carol Buck was a tad bit drunk

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Oct 3 2005, 10:01 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(cardinalgirl @ Oct 3 2005, 10:00 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                            Shoot, we'll fix that! We can carpool.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            it's more a question of needing to get a lot of stuff done around here at work and needing to figure out if I will be awake tomorrow.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 3 2005, 08:57 AM) Quoted post

KBF,

I've slotted you with the #1 spot, a Carpenter spot, so you better bring something more than the recycling bin to the table tomorrow.
                              [/b][/quote]

You got it.

It's sort of like asking Ozzie to cork another tater left-handed, but I'll do my best.
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X