A GREAT Potential Bit of trivia about the closure of Busch II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A GREAT Potential Bit of trivia about the closure of Busch II

Some folks may forget but the Cardinals DIDN'T move into this cookie-cutter until AFTER the '66 season started, sometime in May of 1966. Therefore, their first full season there was 1967 when, in their first full season there, we were World Champions. Wouldn't it be appropriate if our last full season there, 2005, was a World Championship also? Wonder if that's ever happened before.

I don't think it's ever happened before.

It would great to close the ol' doughnut out with a World Series championship.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

On the surface it sounds a bit oblique but it's a factual possibility and I'm, frankly, surprised that it's not been made an issue. Of course, the thought process to determine this possibility is yet another lifelong attempt of mine to make us St Louisans more and more aware of the unique greatness of what we have here and how often we simply don't acknowledge it unless we're smacked in the face with OBVIOUS facts. This possibility would have been a public issue in most other cities as their media would have recognized it and made a big deal about it. But we're living in a one 'pseudo-paper' city and they can't even hire a proof writer at the P-D much less use their brains down there on Tucker.

Comment

First HR: Felipe Alou

First CARDINAL HR: Mike Shannon

Last HR: Chris Duncan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img] (How 'bout that?)

Comment

Working...
        X