Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the "Window of oppurtunity" closing on the Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "Window of oppurtunity" closing on the Cards?

I was listening to call in crap (I know,I Know) on the way home from the Stros game today (2 hour ride) and Bowa and some others were saying its beginning to close.

I know Walker was a quick-fix...but I didn't really agree that the team is losing it.In Bowas' defense,he did not say "This is it"....just that the window is shrinking....

Thoughts?

QUOTE(Argon @ Oct 2 2005, 08:47 PM) Quoted post

I was listening to call in crap (I know,I Know) on the way home from the Stros game today (2 hour ride) and Bowa and some others were saying its beginning to close.

I know Walker was a quick-fix...but I didn't really agree that the team is losing it.In Bowas' defense,he did not say "This is it"....just that the window is shrinking....

Thoughts?
    [/b][/quote]

Houston should be WELL aware of the opportunity closing, themselves

They are in way worse position than the Cardinals
    (ie Bagwell/Biggio much of their starting pitchers)

Comment

They need to get younger in the outfield. Badly. Otherwise, they can keep contending.
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Yes, it's closing. 5 years in contention and 1 pennant to show for it. They have been the best team in the NL for the second straight year. This is their best chance to win it all. If they don't, then it's going to be tough for them to be in this rare position again in the future...

Comment

These guys are solid for the next five years, barring trades, catastrophic injuries, or overly ambitious contract demands....

Marquis.

Mulder.

Carpenter.

Anthony Reyes.

Molina.

Pujols.

Rolen.

Eckstein.

For one more year.

Maybe two.

Edmonds.

Suppan.

Sanders.

Taguchi.

That to me is a solid base for competing in 2006 and 2007, give or take a few of Walt's magic moments

Second base is a concern, as is the lack of a couple of outfielders.

I think Walt will take care of that, and the bench contributors.

The main concern to me is the bullpen.

I'm not sure Isringhausen has a whole lot left in the tank.

That will probably dictate the Cardinals post-season hopes next year and beyond.

Comment

Even though it seems like he's been around forever, Suppan is only 30.

He's got another 5-6 years in him, easy.
            The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 2 2005, 10:36 PM) Quoted post

Yes, it's closing. 5 years in contention and 1 pennant to show for it. They have been the best team in the NL for the second straight year. This is their best chance to win it all. If they don't, then it's going to be tough for them to be in this rare position again in the future...
              [/b][/quote]

I feel better now.

You're predictions are always wrong.
              Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Oct 2 2005, 10:57 PM) Quoted post

These guys are solid for the next five years, barring trades, catastrophic injuries, or overly ambitious contract demands....

Marquis.

Mulder.

Carpenter.

Anthony Reyes.

Molina.

Pujols.

Rolen.

Eckstein.

For one more year.

Maybe two.

Edmonds.

Suppan.

Sanders.

Taguchi.

That to me is a solid base for competing in 2006 and 2007, give or take a few of Walt's magic moments

Second base is a concern, as is the lack of a couple of outfielders.

I think Walt will take care of that, and the bench contributors.

The main concern to me is the bullpen.

I'm not sure Isringhausen has a whole lot left in the tank.

That will probably dictate the Cardinals post-season hopes next year and beyond.
                [/b][/quote]

You build with starting pitching and position players. Relief, especially middle, is generall cobbled together annually with some free agent signings, couple of trades and youngsters up from the farm.

I'm more concerned about the outfield and 2nd base long term than any other positions.
                Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

QUOTE(hkyfan @ Oct 2 2005, 11:51 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I feel better now.

[/b][/quote]

I hate to say this but, the Padres are going to win the series. Hope I'm wrong there..

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 3 2005, 12:55 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I feel better now.

[/b][/quote]

I hate to say this but, the Padres are going to win the series. Hope I'm wrong there..
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Suprise of the fucking century...
                    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 2 2005, 11:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I feel better now.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I like cheese.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 2 2005, 11:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I feel better now.

[/b][/quote]

I hate to say this but, the Padres are going to win the series. Hope I'm wrong there.. [/b][/quote]
                        Too bad you didn't take the bet with me about the Astros winning the division. Some poor kid could have used your $50.00 to make his dream come true, not yours.

Double or nothing for the series against the Padres?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X