Clear All

• GDT Starting Rotation..

Pgrote did a great job today.

So I say we throw out for the first three:

1. KBF
    2. Pgrote
    3. Slow Groove

??

Last time, we overused KBF like a bunch of bad TLRs.

But he's got to start it off.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Gotta look here, too: http://www.sportscartel.com/forum/in...howtopic=26835

Comment

I feel I'm up to the task. I believe I'm 4-2.

Comment

I've got game one.

It's been ready for awhile.
        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Agreed on KBF, but I have had mixed results.

It's the one time that I really mean it's nice to be nominated ... but I must defer to those with better records.

Thanks, though, LVR.

Comment

Didn't 007 come up big last year too? He's gotta be in contention for a start .

Comment

Well, okay, pg, if you say so.

I'm 2-0.

There's a few of us that are undefeated.
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 2 2005, 06:28 PM) Quoted post

It's the one time that I really mean it's nice to be nominated ... but I must defer to those with better records.

Thanks, though, LVR.
                [/b][/quote]

By the way, I'm doing one and one only, kind of like Anthony Reyes. My record after Game 6 last year was pretty damn bad.....and that wasn't even the GDT thread. I'm hoping to play the same role here that Rich Gould plays on the Redbird telecasts.
                "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm 3-1, but Soupy is my meal ticket.

If we need a game 3 starter...I'm willing to step up on the road.
                  Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

game 1- KBF
                    game 2- Huegy (give him the Mulder start)
                    game 3- SlowGroove
                    game 4- 007 if down 2-1, Guppy if up 2-1
                    game 5- 007 if we were down 2-1 and won, KBF if we were up 2-1 and lost
                    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 2 2005, 08:29 PM) Quoted post

Didn't 007 come up big last year too? He's gotta be in contention for a start .
                      [/b][/quote]

I think he's been like Edmonds. Crucial in the playoffs last year, but a little lackluster this year. Flashes of brilliance, but not his best.
                      Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

I think I'm undefeated when doing a GDT after a loss.

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 2 2005, 07:30 PM) Quoted post

Thanks, though, LVR.
                          [/b][/quote]

By the way, I'm doing one and one only, kind of like Anthony Reyes. My record after Game 6 last year was pretty damn bad.....and that wasn't even the GDT thread. I'm hoping to play the same role here that Rich Gould plays on the Redbird telecasts.
                          [/b][/quote]

Sit around and make money for not doing anything?

Talk over the gameplay?

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 2 2005, 06:32 PM) Quoted post

Thanks, though, LVR.
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Talk over the gameplay?
                            [/b][/quote]

The first one. I think our GDTs ought to be pay per view this year. By the way, we're going to win the World Series. Just wanted you folks to know.
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 2 2005, 07:34 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 2 2005, 06:32 PM) Quoted post

Thanks, though, LVR.
                              [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Talk over the gameplay?
                              [/b][/quote]

The first one. I think our GDTs ought to be pay per view this year. By the way, we're going to win the World Series. Just wanted you folks to know.
                              [/b][/quote]

Sorry, buddy.

If we start off and win, you're starting every series.

This is not open for discussion.

So get writing.

Comment

Working...
                              X