• The great 8 are set - Playoff predictions

Cards over Padres
    Houston over Atlanta

Red Sox over White Sox
    Angels over Yankees

Cards over Houston
    Angels over Red Sox

Cards over Angels
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

I'm not sure the Red Sox have the pitching to beat the White Sox...

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 2 2005, 06:25 PM) Quoted post
      I'm not sure the Red Sox have the pitching to beat the White Sox... [/b][/quote]

I'm not sure the White Sox have the pitching to stop the Red Sox hitting.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I don't really wanna make a prediction...

But I will say it sucks game 1 is on Tuesday at 1...which means I won't see any of it, except for the gametracker at work.
        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

i have no idea anymore for some of these match ups. i mean had you shown me this a month ago it may have been easier, but some of these teams like dr jekyll & mr hyde.

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 2 2005, 07:28 PM) Quoted post

I'm not sure the Red Sox have the pitching to beat the White Sox... [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

15-14 games take too long to watch. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll predict the AL since I have little or no rooting interest:

White Sox over Red Sox
              Angels over Yankees

White Sox over Angels
              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 2 2005, 06:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I was just thinking about this topic. To a certain extent, this series will show just how much credence there is to the proverbial "Good pitching beats good hitting." (Let me apologize ahead of time for not exactly researching the actual stats I'm about to refer to. I just don't have the block of time.)

The White Sox have the second best pitching staff in the AL and the Red Sox are somewhere near the bottom.

I think the Red Sox are someplace around the second best hitting team and the WSox have about the second worst hitting team in the AL.

As far as matchups are concerned, This season the Red Sox starters have not fared well vs. the White Sox, ERA wise. Clement had a 4.05 ERA and after that, no Red Sox starter had an ERA better than 6.00 vs the Sox. Keeping with the theme, the White Sox starters have done well against the Red Sox.

Of course, what the White Sox don't have is the experience that the Red Sox have from last year, which could be all the difference.

I have trouble believing the Red Sox won't end up winning this one. In 5.
                Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Oct 2 2005, 06:44 PM) Quoted post
                  QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 2 2005, 06:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I was just thinking about this topic. To a certain extent, this series will show just how much credence there is to the proverbial "Good pitching beats good hitting." (Let me apologize ahead of time for not exactly researching the actual stats I'm about to refer to. I just don't have the block of time.)

The White Sox have the second best pitching staff in the AL and the Red Sox are somewhere near the bottom.

I think the Red Sox are someplace around the second best hitting team and the WSox have about the second worst hitting team in the AL.

As far as matchups are concerned, This season the Red Sox starters have not fared well vs. the White Sox, ERA wise. Clement had a 4.05 ERA and after that, no Red Sox starter had an ERA better than 6.00 vs the Sox. Keeping with the theme, the White Sox starters have done well against the Red Sox.

Of course, what the White Sox don't have is the experience that the Red Sox have from last year, which could be all the difference.

I have trouble believing the Red Sox won't end up winning this one. In 5. [/b][/quote]

Same thing I was thinking - a good test - It should go by home field also.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

NLDS
                    Cards over Padres in 4
                    Astros over Braves in 3

ALDS
                    Red Sox over White Sox in 5
                    Angels over Yankees in 4

NLCS
                    Cards over Astros in 6

ALCS
                    Angels over Red Sox in 6

World Series
                    Cardinals over Angels in 7
                    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Cards beat Yankees in five games....meet you at the Jack Buck statue for the party, and the traditional clawing all the grass with our bare hands and taking it home.
                      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Astros over Braves (second easiset pick)

Cards over Padres (No doubt)

Angels over Yankees (these guys are dangerous)

Red Sox over White Sox (Great series,but White Sox outmatched)

Cards over Astros (Astros offense,or lack of it,catches up)

Angels over Red Sox (Sox pitching too thin)

Hmm..angels or Cards...I'll say the Cards do it this time....in 6

Comment

Cards over Pads in 4
                          Braves over the Stros in 5

Yankees over Angels in 4
                          Red Sox over the White Sox in 5

Cards over Braves in 6
                          The Sawx over the Yanks in 7

Cards over the Sawx in 6
                          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                          --Suck it cubbies.
                          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 2 2005, 04:22 PM) Quoted post

Cards over Padres
                            Houston over Atlanta

Red Sox over White Sox
                            Angels over Yankees

Cards over Houston
                            Angels over Red Sox

Cards over Angels
                            [/b][/quote]

Goodness. I'll second that motion.
                            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Cards over Padres
                              Astros over Braves

Red Sox over White Sox
                              Yankees over Angels

Astros over Cardinals
                              Yankees over Red Sox

Astros over Yankees

Call me delusional call me crazy but I believe

Pitching and defense bitches, pitching and defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X