My campaign for Albert..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My campaign for Albert..

Okay..so far I've emailed [email protected], who said in an article today that he's going to vote for Jones.

I figure that if I'm impolite, I might not sway his vote. So we're going the classy route:

Here's what I said:

Sir,

A vote for Andruw Jones would mean you voted for a man who had the lowest average in the HISTORY of the award, not to mention hitting .207 with men in scoring position.

.207!

You could probably do better than that. And that's not even getting into all the other statistics that matter, which Pujols outclasses Jones in almost every category.

Moreover, giving Andruw Jones extra points for defense is the equivalent of giving Albert the award just because he finished second all those years. His decline in CF has been quite noticeable. Look at his zone rating -- http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fieldi...lumn=zoneRating

Look at his speed -- Jones ranks 28th for CFs in SBs, while Albert leads his position.

I could go on and on like this, and statistically, you could make an even better case for Derrek Lee. But definitely, I urge you to reconsider your vote for Jones, given that, frankly, it's not even close and they both weathered seasons on teams with a serious glut of injuries. Pujols is the best player on the best team and deserves the award.

Benjamin[/b][/quote]

Let me know if you find other voters who admit they're voting for Jones and their email addresses.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Some picks: David Ortiz might have wrapped up the American League MVP race on Thursday when he homered in the eighth inning to tie the score against Toronto, then won the game in the ninth with a single.

He'd get my vote. I did have a vote for National League MVP and chose Andruw Jones over Albert Pujols.[/b][/quote]

Why? Who the fuck knows? But Peter Abraham is getting an email from me. At least he's smart enough to vote for Carpenter.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5/1108/SPORTS01
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Comment

I don't care who wins the award, but I must say that I'm disappointed you took the "polite" route.

The high road is for losers.
      I'm always right.

Comment

QUOTE(kaiser @ Oct 2 2005, 11:06 AM) Quoted post

I don't care who wins the award, but I must say that I'm disappointed you took the "polite" route.

The high road is for losers.
        [/b][/quote]

I'm disappointed that you were disappointed but not outraged.
        Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Honestly I don't care about MVP or Cy Young awards. Quick - who was the MVP in 1982?

Who won the WS in 1982?

Winning the WS matters. All these awards voted in by the writers are just bs - its something for the writers to feel important and be one of the "guys" in baseball world. They can all kiss my ass.

han solo

Comment

See, that's the approach that I didn't think would work.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 2 2005, 11:30 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You're not going to sway his vote anyway. He's got access to all those statistics you cited. He may not hve looked at them, but he's made up his mind.

He's a sportswriter---I mean, really, how bright can he be? These guys are supposed to be "experts" in terms of what they cover, but surely by now you've read and heard from enough of them to know that, with a few exceptions, they're not more thoughtful about what they cover than the average guy who posts here.

So go ahead and insult the guy. You won't change his vote, and you'd have more fun.
              I'm always right.

Comment

QUOTE(kaiser @ Oct 2 2005, 10:40 AM) Quoted post

He's a sportswriter---I mean, really, how bright can he be? These guys are supposed to be "experts" in terms of what they cover, but surely by now you've read and heard from enough of them to know that, with a few exceptions, they're not more thoughtful about what they cover than the average guy who posts here.[/b][/quote]

++
                You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(kaiser @ Oct 2 2005, 11:40 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 2 2005, 11:30 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You're not going to sway his vote anyway. He's got access to all those statistics you cited. He may not hve looked at them, but he's made up his mind.

He's a sportswriter---I mean, really, how bright can he be? These guys are supposed to be "experts" in terms of what they cover, but surely by now you've read and heard from enough of them to know that, with a few exceptions, they're not more thoughtful about what they cover than the average guy who posts here.

So go ahead and insult the guy. You won't change his vote, and you'd have more fun.
                  [/b][/quote]

++

Much better Kaiser.
                  Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

++

Much better Kaiser.[/b][/quote]

The outrage doesn't come so easy when Trig's not around.
                    I'm always right.

Comment

Kaiser,

If there was some way that I could transfer food and beer over the Internet, it would make my campaign much more winnable.

It'd be like leading a horse to water, madyaks to a dumb post, or you to faux humor.

Comment

Working...
                      X