No second-guessing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No second-guessing today?

Kind of disappointed no one (on this board, anyway) is blasting Tony for leaving Morris in at least one batter too long.

This is just so not right.

Fuck tony. Why the hell didnt he take morris out. Dammit.
    OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF RICK ANKIEL AND TRAVIS FISHER

\'user

Comment

DaLode and dwtlr, in the "our stopper" thread, were all about ripping TLR for that today.

Reg, you know that if the Cardinals had lost 19-0 people would have ripped TLR for having Morris throw too many warmup pitches.

Comment

Well, OK. But it's just not the same if I have to ask for it.

Comment

Nah, it was a poor effort.

Too many walks, too many errors.

I wasn't impressed, but wasn't crushed. They will have to play well often to contend. No free wins for this team.

Rayray swing seemed slow but controlled. Taverez looked great.

Only watched sporadically. Hope woody is healthy and good.
          Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 5 2004, 08:57 PM
            Too many walks, too many errors.
            That would do it. You have to play poorly to lose to the Brewers.

Looking forward to seeing Jason Marquis make his Cardinal debut tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 08:50 PM
              Kind of disappointed no one (on this board, anyway) is blasting Tony for leaving Morris in at least one batter too long.

This is just so not right.
              The KAK rules?

Home opener, 8-6 loss to the Junior Ballboys.

Go KAK!

Comment

Agree...

Jason Marquis will have a great debut...

I think he will enjoy being a Cardinal..especially if he pitches as well as he did in ST

Comment

Kah, I good Marquis outing would be a boost. After his spring I kind of expect some success.

How 'bout womack, anyone, impressions?

Comment

Marquis has upside. Maybe. He had a good spring. He had a decent stretch with the Braves a couple years ago. I like him more than Tomko, put it that way.

All my bitching and Tony-loathing aside, the rotation has potential in Marquis, Carpenter and Suppan. If all pitch as well as they're capable we'll have a chance.

We need a whole helluva lot more out of the top, however. And I'm not inspired by Morris and Williams.

If Marquis is our best pitcher (and he was this spring) then we're just not going to be all that good. Face it.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Apr 5 2004, 09:00 PM
                      Kah, I good Marquis outing would be a boost. After his spring I kind of expect some success.

How 'bout womack, anyone, impressions?
                      I didn't watch the game but think the Womack signing at least solidifies the lineup spot. (It couldn't be much worse than the last couple years.) His defense is suspect but what can you do.

My worry about Womack is he won't go the distance. He just seems like more of a late-season guy.

I hate Renteria buried so deep in the order. No reason in the world to have Womack and Lankford at the top. Renteria should bat earlier.

I like Sanders at the six spot. I hate Pujols at #3 in this lineup. I know Edmonds may be on the verge of suck-hood but I'd still try him at number #3, with Pujols 4 and Rolen 5. Sanders 6.

I think our lineup the way it is currently positioned is a godawful waste. I really do. I know reasonable baseball minds will differ but I personally DEMAND Renteria bat 1 or 2 and Pujols 4.

You colud have Womack lead-off and Renteria hit behind him (literally and figuratively) Give Edmonds protection at 3 and get him to shorten his swing a bit too. Then let Pujols blast away in a true clean-up spot. Rolen and Sanders lick up the leftovers. Lankford, who may be a relative find, at 7, Matheny 8th.

If Womack is sucking at lead-off, put him at 2 and let Edgar hit lead-off.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 5 2004, 09:10 PM
                        I personally DEMAND Renteria bat 1 or 2 and Pujols 4.
                        We'll pass that right along. :rolleyes:

Comment

Andy, good observations.

I am not sure how you couldn't bat Pujols third in this line-up though.

I give womack a try at leadoff. see if he can get on base regular like. If womack can leadoff I would move rolen into #2 spot. With pujols, edmonds, renteria, lankford, sanders.

If womack can't leadoff, renteria has to hit 1st. with edmonds #2 followed by pujols,rolen,lankford, sanders. (consider womack{or anderson} in the 9 hole.

I mean why waste a spot with lankford or sanders early in the lineup. They will be better hittters if there is 1 or 2 guys on base anyway. Give rolen any protection, and who knows how well he wil hit.

Just blabbering now...

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Apr 5 2004, 09:10 PM
                            If Womack is sucking at lead-off, put him at 2 and let Edgar hit lead-off.
                            Yep, he sucking big time.

I demand at least 4 SBs per game from my lead off hitter
                            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

If he doesn't get on base five times, he should lose his job.
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X