Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: St. Louis Rams vs. New York Giants (Noon - Fox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: St. Louis Rams vs. New York Giants (Noon - Fox)

I'll have some comments soon.

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 2 2005, 09:26 AM) Quoted post

I'll have some comments soon.
    [/b][/quote]

What if we don't want to hear them? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

My comment: I am not optimistic, but if our new defense continues to stuff the run and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties we might have a fighting chance.
      On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 2 2005, 09:32 AM) Quoted post

My comment: I am not optimistic, but if our new defense continues to stuff the run and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties we might have a fighting chance.
        [/b][/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing.

If the Rams play their best game with few mistakes this could be a win.

But, since its on the road vs a team their offense has historically struggled against...I'm putting down an L if I'm betting.

I never bet Rams games though. The heart interferes with the head too much.
        [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

This one is on TV down here for the first time this year, so it better be good...
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Oct 2 2005, 09:37 AM) Quoted post

This one is on TV down here for the first time this year, so it better be good...
            [/b][/quote]

If by good you mean "the coach and team should give me a heart attach with weird play calling, bad penalties, and other stuff all the while keeping it close," then you're going to be a happy guy!
            On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

If Jackson is healthy, he should get at least carries. But, this is a Mike Martz team.
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Rams 34
                Giants 31

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 2 2005, 09:40 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

If by good you mean "the coach and team should give me a heart attach with weird play calling, bad penalties, and other stuff all the while keeping it close," then you're going to be a happy guy!
                  [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Grote, I dont know how I feel about you pulling double duty on GDTs.

You better spread your wealth to both threads and not just push one to the back-burner.
                    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Elisha had a bit of a coming out party on offense last week for the Gints, so I fully expect him to roll today....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Oct 2 2005, 09:40 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

No kidding. A Martz led team will never be boring.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

fmaous?
                          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 2 2005, 09:51 AM) Quoted post

Rams 34
                            Giants 31
                            [/b][/quote]

I like that score but I have to add the OT wrinkle.

....Because this is a Mike Martz team, and today, he'll be jacked up on SUDAFED....[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Then again, he may just do his best work on the "Sudy's" Could be 55-3 Rams [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Comment

My Thoughts:

The St. Louis Rams walk into The Meadowlands and face a hungry New York Giants team. This is a pivotal week for both teams, as both the St. Louis Rams and New York Giants sit at 2-1. The early games in the year are critical for teams to win, because it means one less victory you need to worry about in weeks 13 and on.

Both teams are going to be pumped for this game, since the history between them hasbeen memorable. The New York Giants are looking for respect under Eli Manning, while the St. Louis Rams are looking for respect since their coach is Mike Martz.

There are four areas on which this game will turn for the St. Louis Rams:

1) Alex Barron versus Michael Strahan. While Strahan's career is in the twilight, he still has remarkable success versus the St. Louis Rams including the beating of Ryan Tucker for four sacks. Alex Barron is the first round draft pick that was coddled by Mike Martz until last week. Against the Titans Alex Barron showed flashes of why he was drafted in the first round. Today's going to be a coming of age game for Alex Barron, because the St. Louis Rams run many empty backfield sets and are hurting at tight end.

Strahan lost weight in the offseason and is quicker than ever. His strength may have dropped, but not by much. Alex Barron is going to be taken to school by one of the better defensive ends in recent years. Will he pass? I think so.

2) The St. Louis Rams secondary versus Eli Manning. One of the surprises this year has been the St. Louis Rams secondary. They have been decimated by injuries, but are starting to defend well. Eli Manning is still learning how to play in the NFL and his performance last week was his best yet. Who will win this battle?

The key is with Eli's ability to adjust his passes. Last week was a great example of Eli Manning not adjusting for coverage changes after the snap. The St. Louis Rams have shown the potential for throwing unique looks into coverage, but they do rank 27th in pass yards per game at 242 yards.

3) Special teams. The St. Louis Rams special teams is pedestrian at best, while the New York Giants have a solid core of players. The New York Giants rank third in the league with 28 yards per return, while the St. Louis Rams look lost on special teams.

The St. Louis Rams punter, Reggie Hodges has been up and down this year. He's had good games and bad games, but his outdoor punting is atrocious. He's averaging 39 yards outdoors.

The New York Giants have the most return yards on kickoffs with 422 yards through three games, including a kick off and punt return for touchdowns. It's going to be a long, tough game for the St. Louis Rams special teams today.

4) New York Giants offense versus the St. Louis Rams defense. This one seems obvious, but don't look now, the New York Giants have the number one ranked offense in the league. They're averaging almost 31 points a game and have done it while 9th in penalties.

The St. Louis Rams defense is ranked 19th, and as discussed above, their secondary is decimated. The good news is that for rushing defense the St. Louis Rams are ranked third in the league giving up 68 yards a game.

This all depends on the tact the New York Giants take. If they keep their ratio of passing to rushing at 2:1 it's going to be a long day for the St. Louis Rams unless they can pressure Eli Manning and pick a few passes.

I like the St. Louis Rams chances in this game as I believe they're turning a corner defensively.

St. Louis Rams - 30
                              New York Giants - 24

Source

Comment

Working...
                              X