I want to say "thank you"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to say "thank you"...

...to the genius who first thought "You know, this Jack Daniel's stuff is pretty good...I wonder what it would taste like with Coke?" I would also like to thank Mr. Jamison's for his fine Irish whiskey...it's been a long week and now with the playoffs starting and my having two PRN assignments and a couple Sporting News assignments for NASCAR, it's going to be a long-ass month...thank God for alky-hall...

ATTENTION: AIR WHORE POSTING BEGINS HERE!!!

I made my TV debut this week...I was on News 20 Sports Primetime talking NASCAR...Granted, it's not beign interviewed by Jeremy Schaap on ESPN, but Randy Gardner's a good guy and it was a lot of fun...I got to pretend I was famous for a minute. If you want to see my fat ass pontificating on driving fast and turning left, the show runs on News 20 ever night until Tuesday at 6, 9, and 11 p.m. and it's on Charter 18 in St. Chuck at 11 p.m. on Channel 18...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Way to go, Skip...

And I'd like to reiterate the gratitude you've expressed to some fine distillers...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Congrats, skippy.

I would also like to say "thank you" to the kind person that gave me this fucking cold that's keeping me from drinking tonight.

Comment

I, too, would like to extend a hearty gratitude to the fine people at the Yuengling Brewery Company of Pottsville, Pennsylvania for making such a tasty, yet affordable, beverage. I will also take this opportunity to thank in advance the blood type AB positive Mexican illegal whose liver will be "harvested" when he dies in a freak lettuce picking accident.

Comment

Great call on the Yuengling

Had my first a couple of weeks ago in Pittsburgh

A damn fine brew

Yuengling since 1827!!!
          That until there no longer
          First class and second class citizens of any nation
          Until the colour of a man's skin
          Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -
          Me say war.

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Oct 1 2005, 08:04 PM) Quoted post

I, too, would like to extend a hearty gratitude to the fine people at the Yuengling Brewery Company of Pottsville, Pennsylvania for making such a tasty, yet affordable, beverage. I will also take this opportunity to thank in advance the blood type AB positive Mexican illegal whose liver will be "harvested" when he dies in a freak lettuce picking accident.
            [/b][/quote]

Please, PLEASE, tell me there is Yuengling to be had in this area...for those of you who don't know, Yuengling may be the finest beer ever brewed...I curse my two friends from PA who first gave me the brew...Anytime I'm in Charlotte, I always get a ton and the great thing is, it's considered one of the cheap beers there...

BTW, don't worry about the Mexicans...that's why you have kids...so they can give you portions of their own livers...

Comment

QUOTE(Jennings @ Oct 1 2005, 08:24 PM) Quoted post

Great call on the Yuengling

Had my first a couple of weeks ago in Pittsburgh

A damn fine brew

Yuengling since 1827!!!
              [/b][/quote]

Ahhhh, Jennings...I'm listening to the Bob Marley song I was mis-quoting to you yesterday and about a half-fifth into my Jack...I actually have a Yuengling short...unfortunately, since I'm a fat piece of shit, it's currently too small...fortunately, KFNS is planning a "Biggest Loser" contest...I'm sure you'll be participating, correct?

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 1 2005, 08:26 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Please, PLEASE, tell me there is Yuengling to be had in this area...for those of you who don't know, Yuengling may be the finest beer ever brewed...I curse my two friends from PA who first gave me the brew...Anytime I'm in Charlotte, I always get a ton and the great thing is, it's considered one of the cheap beers there...

BTW, don't worry about the Mexicans...that's why you have kids...so they can give you portions of their own livers...
                [/b][/quote]
                I haven't seen it anywhere besides the east coast. They were selling 23 oz. mugs of it at the Pittsburgh airport for 3.00. Somehow maade the beer taste even more delicious.

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Oct 1 2005, 08:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                  I haven't seen it anywhere besides the east coast. They were selling 23 oz. mugs of it at the Pittsburgh airport for 3.00. Somehow maade the beer taste even more delicious.
                  [/b][/quote]

When one of my PA buddies graduated with his Master's at Ball State, his dad drove in with two cases of Yuengling and a case of Yuengling Dark...Needless to say, the next day's ceremonies were a little painful...I'm hoping it's made it's way south since I'm covering the NASCAR race at Atlanta at the end of the month...

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 1 2005, 08:33 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]

When one of my PA buddies graduated with his Master's at Ball State, his dad drove in with two cases of Yuengling and a case of Yuengling Dark...Needless to say, the next day's ceremonies were a little painful...I'm hoping it's made it's way south since I'm covering the NASCAR race at Atlanta at the end of the month...
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Well I lived off of it in Key West for Spring Break this year, so it's definitely made its way south.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing back a shitload of cases from PA. I could go for one or twelve here pretty soon.

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 1 2005, 07:33 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      They opened a 2nd brewery in Florida (Tampa, I think), just a few years ago....don't know if it finds it's way up to Georgia. I've been drinking the stuff for years (since 89' started college out here....actually dated Amy Yuengling in college) and I will never leave the distribution area (PA, NJ, parts of NY......FL now too) if I can help it

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Oct 1 2005, 08:38 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        They opened a 2nd brewery in Florida (Tampa, I think), just a few years ago....don't know if it finds it's way up to Georgia. I've been drinking the stuff for years (since 89' started college out here....actually dated Amy Yuengling in college) and I will never leave the distribution area (PA, NJ, parts of NY......FL now too) if I can help it
                        [/b][/quote]

I thought there was a brewery in the NC area as well...If it's in FL, that's cool, because one of my PA buddies live in Melbourne and when I go to Daytona, I stay with him...I could really go for some tonight...probably to the point I'd be willing to cockpunch myself once for a twelve-pack...it would have to be cold, though...the kind of cold where there's just a little ice in the beer when you drank it...otherwise, no deal...

Comment

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 1 2005, 07:41 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]

I thought there was a brewery in the NC area as well...If it's in FL, that's cool, because one of my PA buddies live in Melbourne and when I go to Daytona, I stay with him...I could really go for some tonight...probably to the point I'd be willing to cockpunch myself once for a twelve-pack...it would have to be cold, though...the kind of cold where there's just a little ice in the beer when you drank it...otherwise, no deal...
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Don't mean to rub it in but I got a case in the fridge. In fact, I always have a case of it in the fridge....you would cry if you saw my recycling bin full of green bottles. Hell I'm drinking one right now. Went to a wedding today and drank it on tap all day. Incidentailly, if it makes you feel better, I just cockpunched myself (not for Yuengling, but just because.....)

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Oct 1 2005, 08:45 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(skippy05 @ Oct 1 2005, 07:41 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            Don't mean to rub it in but I got a case in the fridge. In fact, I always have a case of it in the fridge....you would cry if you saw my recycling bin full of green bottles. Hell I'm drinking one right now. Went to a wedding today and drank it on tap all day. Incidentailly, if it makes you feel better, I just cockpunched myself (not for Yuengling, but just because.....)
                            [/b][/quote]

Bastard...BASTARD!!!! Damn you...

Comment

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Could that be because Pabst Blue Ribbon is considered "top shelf?"

I knew a guy from Belleville who went to Florida in the late '70's or early '80's for spring break with about 2 DOZEN cases of STAG. Stag as you may know was brewed in Belleville until 1979. He said the locals in Florida thought it was IMPORTED! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X