reap what you sow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reap what you sow

A new film featuring Travis County, Texas prosecutor Ronnie Earle as he pursued the investigation that led to the indictment of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay portrays Earle less as a partisan figure than as a messianic leader on a mission to rid American politics of the "evil" influence of money.

A copy of the still-unfinished film, entitled The Big Buy, was obtained by National Review Online Friday.

On several occasions in the film, Earle engages in monologues on what he believes is the sinister effect of money in politics. "The root of the evil of the corporate and large-monied interest domination of politics is money," Earle says as he takes the filmmakers on a nighttime drive around Austin. "This is in the Bible. This isn't rocket science. The root of all evil truly is money, especially in politics. People talk about how money is the mother's milk of politics. Well, it's the devil's brew. And what we've got to do, we've got to turn off the tap."[/b][/quote]
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

"Soe"? You must have had one hell of an education.

Comment

Not everybody can get in to a spare state school.
      From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 1 2005, 02:26 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        But just about everybody older than 5 years old can spell "sow."

Comment

Sew?

So?
          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 1 2005, 04:26 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ppg shg @ Oct 1 2005, 02:26 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            But just about everybody older than 5 years old can spell "sow."
            [/b][/quote]

soe what?
            No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
            President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
            President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

"Soe" is a word...just not the one he wanted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So...

RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 1 2005, 09:08 AM) Quoted post

"Soe" is a word...just not the one he wanted. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                  [/b][/quote]
                  I'm fully aware that "soe" is a word.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 1 2005, 04:39 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]

Without looking it up, what does it mean?

(Like I could prevent you from looking it up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 1 2005, 03:57 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      [/b][/quote]

(Like I could prevent you from looking it up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] )
                      [/b][/quote]
                      State-owned enterprise.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 1 2005, 04:59 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        State-owned enterprise.
                        [/b][/quote]

I call bullshit.

1. acronyms are not words
                        2. OED

soe

soe sou. Now dial. Forms: . 4-5 saa, 5 sa, saae, 4-5, 9 sae, 8 cea (see also say sb.3). . 4, 7-9 so, 5-6 soo (6 swoo), 5- soe (6 sooe, sowe, 8 sow), 7-8 soa. [a. ONor. sá-r: see say sb.3 ] A large tub.

1377-8 Durh. Acc. Rolls (Surtees) 387 In uno sae empt. pro vitriario.
                        C. 1425 in Wr.-Wülcker 662 Hec tina, sa.
                        1459-60 Durh. Acc. Rolls (Surtees) 152 Pro j saa pro aqua portanda.
                        1480-1 Durh. Acc. Rolls 97, j sae;..ij saez.
                        1752 Rec. Elgin (1903) I. 446 All tubs, ceas,..and other cooper work.
                        1889 Ellis Pronunc. v. 799 [In Orkney] sae is a pail or bucket.

C. 1300 Havelok 933 He kam to þe welle, water up-drow, And filde þer a michel so;
                        C. 1440 Promp. Parv. 462/1 Soo, or cowl, vessel, tina.
                        1459 in Ripon Ch. Acts (Surtees) 86 Tubbes, soes, alepoittes.
                        1541 Hist. MSS. Commiss., Rutland MSS. IV. 352 For one soo to the stable.
                        1578 Richmond. Wills & Inv; (Surtees) 282 A swoo with other smole tryfles.
                        1580-1 Reg. St. Michael-le-Belfrey, York (Surtees) I. 33 [A child] by misfortune drowned in a soo of water.
                        1611 Cotgr., Tine, a Stand, open Tub, or Soe.
                        1679-80 Fabric Rolls York Minster (Surtees) 352 The child was drowned in a little water in ye bottom of a soa.
                        1691 Ray N.C. Words (ed. 2) 66 A So or Soa, a Tub with two Ears to carry on a stang.
                        1866- in Linc. glossaries.
                        b. attrib. and Comb., as

soe-ful,

-staff,

-tree. (See also sastange.)

14.. Nom. in Wr.-Wülcker 725 Hoc tinarium, a so-tre.
                        C. 1440 Promp. Parv. 466/1 Soo tre, or cowl tre, falanga.
                        1611 Cotgr., Tinée, a Stand-full, or Soe-full.
                        1613 F. Robartes Revenue Gospel 49 One cluster thereof is carried between two vpon a soa-staffe.
                        1653 H. More Antid. Ath. ii. vi. 2 For one Bason-full you may fetch up so many Soe-fulls.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                        President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                        President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(mw.2 @ Oct 1 2005, 04:14 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          State-owned enterprise.
                          [/b][/quote]

I call bullshit.

1. acronyms are not words
                          2. OED

soe

soe sou. Now dial. Forms: . 4-5 saa, 5 sa, saae, 4-5, 9 sae, 8 cea (see also say sb.3). . 4, 7-9 so, 5-6 soo (6 swoo), 5- soe (6 sooe, sowe, 8 sow), 7-8 soa. [a. ONor. sá-r: see say sb.3 ] A large tub.

1377-8 Durh. Acc. Rolls (Surtees) 387 In uno sae empt. pro vitriario.
                          C. 1425 in Wr.-Wülcker 662 Hec tina, sa.
                          1459-60 Durh. Acc. Rolls (Surtees) 152 Pro j saa pro aqua portanda.
                          1480-1 Durh. Acc. Rolls 97, j sae;..ij saez.
                          1752 Rec. Elgin (1903) I. 446 All tubs, ceas,..and other cooper work.
                          1889 Ellis Pronunc. v. 799 [In Orkney] sae is a pail or bucket.

C. 1300 Havelok 933 He kam to þe welle, water up-drow, And filde þer a michel so;
                          C. 1440 Promp. Parv. 462/1 Soo, or cowl, vessel, tina.
                          1459 in Ripon Ch. Acts (Surtees) 86 Tubbes, soes, alepoittes.
                          1541 Hist. MSS. Commiss., Rutland MSS. IV. 352 For one soo to the stable.
                          1578 Richmond. Wills & Inv; (Surtees) 282 A swoo with other smole tryfles.
                          1580-1 Reg. St. Michael-le-Belfrey, York (Surtees) I. 33 [A child] by misfortune drowned in a soo of water.
                          1611 Cotgr., Tine, a Stand, open Tub, or Soe.
                          1679-80 Fabric Rolls York Minster (Surtees) 352 The child was drowned in a little water in ye bottom of a soa.
                          1691 Ray N.C. Words (ed. 2) 66 A So or Soa, a Tub with two Ears to carry on a stang.
                          1866- in Linc. glossaries.
                          b. attrib. and Comb., as

soe-ful,

-staff,

-tree. (See also sastange.)

14.. Nom. in Wr.-Wülcker 725 Hoc tinarium, a so-tre.
                          C. 1440 Promp. Parv. 466/1 Soo tre, or cowl tre, falanga.
                          1611 Cotgr., Tinée, a Stand-full, or Soe-full.
                          1613 F. Robartes Revenue Gospel 49 One cluster thereof is carried between two vpon a soa-staffe.
                          1653 H. More Antid. Ath. ii. vi. 2 For one Bason-full you may fetch up so many Soe-fulls.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]
                          In English, please.

Comment

[/b][/quote]
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            State-owned enterprise.
                            [/b][/quote]

In Old English it's a large wooden jug for carrying water.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 1 2005, 04:18 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                              State-owned enterprise.
                              [/b][/quote]

In Old English it's a large wooden jug for carrying water.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Thanks. My Old English is a little rusty.

Comment

Working...
                              X