Clear All

• Andruw Jones update

0-2 tonite. (.263).

0-1 RISP (.207).

What we're seeing is true greatness.

An MVP by any measure.

--B

Agreed.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Spot fucking on.
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

It really would be shame if he won, oh well.

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Sep 30 2005, 11:03 PM) Quoted post

It really would be shame if he won, oh well.
          [/b][/quote]

But he has lots of HRs, plus he'd had to play with rookies like that Jeff Francoeur, who are obviously useless ball players.

Comment

It really would be shame if he won, oh well.[/b][/quote]

That's some great insight, and grammar, for that matter.

Thanks.

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Sep 30 2005, 11:07 PM) Quoted post

Thanks.
              [/b][/quote]
              You disagree?

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Sep 30 2005, 11:08 PM) Quoted post

Thanks.
                [/b][/quote]
                You disagree?
                [/b][/quote]
                Ok then, I guess posts such as "Spot fucking on" and "Agreed" need no insight. Just feel like picking a fight? I guess we can both argue in Pujols favor if you would like...

Comment

If Jones won the MVP, he would have the worst batting average of an MVP in the history of the award.

How many times is Albert going to get overlooked for this thing? I don't usually care about these type of awards, but its getting frustrating.

Lets find another player next year as an excuse not to give the MVP to Albert.

edit: ha ha.....i just saw my crappy grammer mistake.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Oct 1 2005, 12:24 AM) Quoted post

If Jones won the MVP, he would have the worst batting average of an MVP in the history of the award.

How many times is Albert going to get overlooked for this thing? I don't usually care about these type of awards, but its getting frustrating.

Lets find another player next year as an excuse not to give the MVP to Albert.

edit: ha ha.....i just saw my crappy grammer mistake.
                    [/b][/quote]

It would be a shame if he won the batting crown with that average, but he has been either the most valuable player in the league or the second most...

It comes down to your definition of value......... And he carried the Braves this year, with all the injuries to that team he came through, and he stepped up, career highs in HR and RBI, meaning he stepped up to carry the team, his low average didn't hurt him in doing that.

I still think Pujols wins a close vote, and if the voters chose to make it a BIG win for Pujols due to getting passed over before it could be big, but he will be second, and if he is second it just goes to show that his average had nothing to do with his Value in getting his team to playoffs.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Sportswriters are politically correct. When it's close, the black guy gets the award.

Willis and Jones will win.

Of course, they may give one to a Jeff Kent in a year after Bonds has won how many in a row and been a complete dick to all of them.

But, the trend is what it is.
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Oct 1 2005, 11:12 AM) Quoted post

Sportswriters are politically correct. When it's close, the black guy gets the award.

Willis and Jones will win.

Of course, they may give one to a Jeff Kent in a year after Bonds has won how many in a row and been a complete dick to all of them.

But, the trend is what it is.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        I think you are going the wrong way with this. It shouldn't even be close, though. Pujols is also a minority by the way.

Comment

Thanks.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          you're a fucking asshole.

how's my grammar?

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Sep 30 2005, 11:19 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Sep 30 2005, 11:08 PM) Quoted post

Thanks.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            You disagree?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Ok then, I guess posts such as "Spot fucking on" and "Agreed" need no insight. Just feel like picking a fight? I guess we can both argue in Pujols favor if you would like...
                            [/b][/quote]

Put the sanctimonious tool on Ignore.

This is standard operating procedure for him.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

you're a fucking asshole.

how's my grammar?[/b][/quote]

Acceptable.

Your capitalization is horrid, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X