• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter of Apology

This "Letter of Apology" was written by
    A Lieutenant General - US Marine Corps, Retired:

"For good and ill, the Iraqi prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On
    the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the
    actions while on the other hand, political glee will take control and fashion this
    minor event into some modern day massacre.

I humbly offer my opinion here:

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and
    sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims.
    (Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait, etc.)

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after 9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate in their schools, mosques, and government-controlled
    media.

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while
    the insanely wealthy Arabs blame the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed masses do not understand any of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the "food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers upon their death.

I am sorry that those same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will receive 72 virgins in "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies, children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy cutters on Fallujah.

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - one of our Holy Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village in Africa.

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that is what we do.
    We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. now we're supposed to wring our hands
    because a few were humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long wait! You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two virgins.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Is someone posting emails again? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 30 2005, 07:17 PM) Quoted post

Is someone posting emails again? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
      [/b][/quote]

Yeah...got that one this morning.

I liked it.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Rove's writing has improved.
        No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
        President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
        President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 30 2005, 07:19 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 30 2005, 07:17 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yeah...got that one this morning.

I liked it.
          [/b][/quote]
          So do I.

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the silliness that is the "arab muslim" world.

Fuckers.

This could be a hoax, but damn, it's a nice read:

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those responsible because that is what we do. We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on. That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. now we're supposed to wring our hands
          because a few were humiliated?
          [/b][/quote]

This is why I agreed that the judge should release the new pics and video. We're America for gosh sakes. Airing out our government dirty laundry is what keeps this country great.

Comment

"We can torture as many people as we want, because we're America."

How disgusting.
            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

(from the misleading vocal elements of our society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

What? No mention of the fair and balanced Fox News? Rush Limbaugh? It's time to put down the crack pipe Lt. Gen. Fucking hilarious. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]

Mr. G

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 1 2005, 12:04 AM) Quoted post

"We can torture as many people as we want, because we're America."

How disgusting.
                [/b][/quote]
                Nah, what's disgusting is that we didn't kill them when we were trying.

Comment

What does a "liberal left wing media" have to do with the fact that we abused the values we embody in our own Constitution? What's the message? "Dear Arabs, do as we say, not as we do?" Come on.
                  On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

If we were not talking about terrorists I might be inclined to be more sympathetic...but we are...so I'm not.
                    Terrorists are the scum of the earth.

I don't mind airing our 'dirty linen' but I'll pray it doesn't cost too many lives when the Muslims go on another rampage.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 30 2005, 07:16 PM) Quoted post

our own brainwashed masses do not understand any of this
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Well, at least he didn't mention kah or dredbyrd by name... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                      Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

QUOTE(Rdog3933 @ Oct 1 2005, 09:19 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        Well, at least he didn't mention kah or dredbyrd by name... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(Rdog3933 @ Oct 1 2005, 10:19 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]

That's funny, because I was thinking Reggie and FAR.
                          No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                          President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                          President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 1 2005, 09:11 AM) Quoted post

If we were not talking about terrorists I might be inclined to be more sympathetic...but we are...so I'm not.
                            Terrorists are the scum of the earth.

I don't mind airing our 'dirty linen' but I'll pray it doesn't cost too many lives when the Muslims go on another rampage.
                            [/b][/quote]

The problem is, of course, that not everyone being detained by the U.S. military is a terrorist. At some level I'm comfortable with us not employing a "guilty until proven innocent" stance with terrorists, but we probably shouldn't abuse them in prison under those circumstances. Not only is it incredibly hypocritical, but its bad policy.
                            On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Working...
                            X