Info on the San Diego series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on the San Diego series

One thing being kicked around in the San Diego organization: If Jake Peavy wins Game 1, then they might start rookie Clay Hensley, a reliever, in Game 2, then bring back Pedro Astacio and Adam Eaton in Games 3 and 4 in San Diego. [/b][/quote]

I don't even begin to understand this.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Huh?

Comment

I think it's clear some people don't know there's an off-day between games one and two.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 30 2005, 02:00 PM) Quoted post

Huh?
        [/b][/quote]

Yeah, no kidding.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 30 2005, 04:00 PM) Quoted post

I think it's clear some people don't know there's an off-day between games one and two.
          [/b][/quote]

With the offday, Carpenter could pitch games 1 and 4....but we'd still have to throw 4 pitchers in the series.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 30 2005, 04:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

With the offday, Carpenter could pitch games 1 and 4....but we'd still have to throw 4 pitchers in the series.
            [/b][/quote]
            I was thinking about that last night. That means Morris would have to pitch game 5. I'd rather them hold out Carpenter for 5.
            In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Why? Pitch Carp in game four...that way, should we be fortunate enough to make it to the LCS, he'd have an extra day of rest heading in...

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Sep 30 2005, 04:04 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                nothing like Matty Mo on 6 days rest pitching NLDS Game 5!
                Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

There won't be a game four.

Besides, Tony is still toying with pitching Marquis instead of Suppan against SD, so there's no telling yet who's going to start when.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 30 2005, 04:10 PM) Quoted post

Besides, Tony is still toying with pitching Marquis instead of Suppan against SD, so there's no telling yet who's going to start when.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Why in the world would Tony be doing that?
                    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Because one has pitched very well against SD and one hasn't.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 30 2005, 04:08 PM) Quoted post

Why? Pitch Carp in game four...that way, should we be fortunate enough to make it to the LCS, he'd have an extra day of rest heading in...
                        [/b][/quote]
                        that presents the biggest intrigue every post-season. go for the throat in game 4 (or 6) or hold back the best option for the deciding game.

Marlins in 2003: Beckett in game 6 on 3-days rest with Pavano for game 7 on 3-days rest if needed. Win.
                        Astros in 2004: Clemens and Oswalt on 3-days rest in NLDS 4 and 5. Win.
                        Astros in 2004: Munro in game 6 on full rest, Clemens for game 7 on full rest (instead of Clemens/Oswalt both on 3-days rest). Loss.
                        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

I think you pitch Carp in Game 4 if you are down 2-1, but not if you are up.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 30 2005, 04:11 PM) Quoted post

Because one has pitched very well against SD and one hasn't.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Suppan didn't do horribly against San Diego earlier in the year and that is when the Padres went on that hot streak. Suppan has been our hottest pitcher. Is this just speculation by you or did you read/hear this somewhere?
                            In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Disagree. Go for the throat. Can't be looking ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X