Good Samaritan hurt on road sues those involved in crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Samaritan hurt on road sues those involved in crash

Kelly Shaw and Matthew Conway decided to run across five lanes of southbound Interstate 270 to offer help to victims of a crash on the northbound side one September afternoon in 2000. Shaw didn't make it. And he will never be the same.

Attorneys for Shaw are seeking millions of dollars in damages for the injuries that left him brain-damaged. But they're not suing the driver of the car that hit him; they're suing two drivers they say are responsible for the eight-car pileup in Maryland Heights that prompted their client to try to help.
    [/b][/quote]
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Um, that makes no sense.
    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Huh?
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I remember this accident, as I sat on 270 for over an hour. It was horrible and I feel for the guy that was trying to help.

Comment

As a hypothetical, if my wifes flies somewhere on a business trip, and the plane crashes and she dies, can I sue the people that set up the business trip?
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I feel sorry for that guy, but this is ridiculous.
            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 30 2005, 01:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

they were talking about this idiot on paul harris yesterday.

a word of advice..don't try to cross 8 lanes of traffic on the highway.

only in america.

Comment

QUOTE(fountain16 @ Sep 30 2005, 01:56 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 30 2005, 01:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

they were talking about this idiot on paul harris yesterday.

a word of advice..don't try to cross 8 lanes of traffic on the highway.

only in america.
                [/b][/quote]

And these lawyers who filed this suit.

Ambulance chasing at it's best.
                RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Sep 30 2005, 09:56 AM) Quoted post

As a hypothetical, if my wifes flies somewhere on a business trip, and the plane crashes and she dies, can I sue the people that set up the business trip?
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Yes
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

We talked about this scenario in Business Law the other day, its legit.

Comment

QUOTE(ItsOnlyTheRiver @ Sep 30 2005, 02:00 PM) Quoted post
                      We talked about this scenario in Business Law the other day, its legit. [/b][/quote]

You gotta be shittin' me.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

[/b][/quote]

What's your definition of "legit"?
                        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

What did the 2 in the suit do to cause the accident anyway?
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I knew that guy with the pirate patch was a dirty bastard. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Sep 30 2005, 02:03 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

What's your definition of "legit"?
                              [/b][/quote]
                              They have legal basis, to whom exactly in the 8 car pile up is questionable. Duty of Care was breached by everyone in that pile up and that goes all the way to the good samaritans should they get hurt trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X