KMOX gets something right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KMOX gets something right

Having just gotten back to Sweet Home St Louis yesterday I did my usual night of turning on the Mighty MOX tonight to listen to SOL and suddenly realized that it was Bernie's last night on there (Cards didn't play tonight of course so there's little alternative)....and at 8pm they played the 7th game of the Cards/Astros playoffs last year. Man! For over 2 hours I got to listen to a game that I was so emotionally involved in last year that, what had been somewhat of a blood-pressured daze back then, was SO DAMN enjoyable to re-listen to knowing the outcome.

Evidently they're going to play these archive games more. Maybe they have recently but I've been away for 6 weeks and this one really hit home with me.

What a great idea. It was sports radio at it's best.

QUOTE(DaLode @ Sep 30 2005, 12:08 AM) Quoted post

Having just gotten back to Sweet Home St Louis yesterday I did my usual night of turning on the Mighty MOX tonight to listen to SOL and suddenly realized that it was Bernie's last night on there (Cards didn't play tonight of course so there's little alternative)....and at 8pm they played the 7th game of the Cards/Astros playoffs last year. Man! For over 2 hours I got to listen to a game that I was so emotionally involved in last year that, what had been somewhat of a blood-pressured daze back then, was SO DAMN enjoyable to re-listen to knowing the outcome.

Evidently they're going to play these archive games more. Maybe they have recently but I've been away for 6 weeks and this one really hit home with me.

What a great idea. It was sports radio at it's best.
    [/b][/quote]
    Theyve been playing old classic games on off-days throughout the season, in chronological order.

NLCS Game 6 was Monday and it finished up with NLCS Game 7 last nite.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Working...
    X