No announcement yet.

Is there any way this could be illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way this could be illegal?

So tomorrow is election day, and in the county where I live (very rural so our elections aren't exactly like big city ones), among the issues we are voting on is a tax increase to help the fire department and whether to allow planning and zoning of property.

We have already voted down the fire department tax each year for the last 3 years, and planning & zoning seems to be on the ballot every year as well. It has been voted down twice, voted in, then voted out again. I really could care less about that, but the fire department pisses me off. They have horrible response time reputations, and can often be seen just cruising the streets in the pumper truck.

Anyway, how can people just keep putting the issue on the ballot year after year until it passes?
    FML

Originally posted by COACH REGGIE@Apr 5 2004, 07:49 PM
    Anyway, how can people just keep putting the issue on the ballot year after year until it passes?
    It depends on the rules. In most counties all it takes from the electorate is X number of signatures. For the elected all it takes is a majority vote.

Comment

Working...
    X