I hate MVP Baseball 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate MVP Baseball 2005

I fucking can't stand this game. I'm on season mode now, am 1-3, I can't hit shit even tho I adjusted the sliders to make the pitch speed lower. I make what I think are good pitches right in the cold zone and they get jacked out. FWIW I'm playing this game on my PSP, but my experiences on XBox are similar. I was currently playing a game vs. the Phillies and went up 1-0 on a solo jack by Larry Walker but promptly gave up 4 in the top of the next inning - which led directly to this rant. I know other people are capable of playing this game and have even gone up to All-Star level and adjusted the sliders to handicap themselves. But my patience is at an end. I'm sick of playing the fucking thing and getting my ass kicked every time. I'm playing the goddamn game at pro level too, not even All-Star or forbid MVP mode. I play this game enough I should be kinda good at it by know I think. I'm pretty good at other video games, WTF is it about this fucking game that makes it so hard on me?

BTW, can the color guy call the players "meat" anymore? Fucking A.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

You can't hit the ball with the bat on your shoulder, meat.

Comment

Maybe you are looking for the curve!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I'm looking for anything I can fucking hit. I try pulling, I trying going with the pitch, I try everything. I think even the umpire likes to taunt me when I strike out, calling strike 3 twice with emphasis.

Comment

The thing I hate most about baseball games in general is after you play the game for an hour, you've seen the 6 places on the field where it is possible to hit the ball, there is never any variance to where the ball goes...same 6 spots at bat after at bat after at bat The physics for a baseball game could be fucking awesome, but they aren't....yet.
          It can't be that hard to make a game that is actually realistic.
          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Sep 29 2005, 01:15 PM) Quoted post

The thing I hate most about baseball games in general is after you play the game for an hour, you've seen the 6 places on the field where it is possible to hit the ball, there is never any variance to where the ball goes...same 6 spots at bat after at bat after at bat The physics for a baseball game could be fucking awesome, but they aren't....yet.
            It can't be that hard to make a game that is actually realistic.
            [/b][/quote]
            I don't totally mind that, I just would like to feel like I'm in control of the game occasionally and not be run over or at the mercy of a perfect pitch being crushed out of the ballpark continually.

Comment

Well, I decided to just finish the damn game and lost 18-12. 1-4 now. At least I had some fun offensively. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you have access to a coordinated person?
                Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 29 2005, 02:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  Like I said, I'm pretty good at other video games. As far as coordination is concerned, I'm one of the better basketball players you'll ever see thats not major college or NBA. Thats not my problem, I'm just not that good at this game.

Comment

There are a lot of things you can do.

First - nibble at the corner w/ your first pitch. If you're playing w/ variable strike zones, it may take you awhile to figure out what corners get called for strikes and which don't, but a corner pitch is a good bet.

Second - Don't be scared to pitch outside the zone. The players will chase.

Third - Curve-balls low and away (nibble the corner if necessary) and sliders high and in (and just off the plate) seem to work most of the time if it's a good pitch.

Fourth - Blue doesn't mean they *can't* hit the ball - just that they're not as likely to. If you're looking for a fastball in and you get a fastball in, you'll hit it - and so will they.

That's all I got. Only way I lose a game is if I manage it instead of actually play it, which is why my namesake pitcher has yet to lose a game at the major league level.
                    Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

If you pitch exclusively in the strike zone on Allstar and especially MVP, you WILL get hammered - guaranteed. You almost have to throw some balls to keep the CPU hitters off balance. Also, this is a personal preference, but I almost always max out the pitching meter regardless of how much red there is. It really doesn't tire out the pitcher much quicker than staying in the blue, makes pitches more effective (fastballs with extra gas, more break on curves, etc.) and it allows me to throw some balls when I meant to throw strikes (in other words, hitting yellow on the meter). You don't have to go that far, but at least go into the red a little such that the accuracy point gets smaller. If your pitch location is good while doing that, you should start seeing better results - strikeouts, weak groundouts and flyouts.

Once you get it down, this will probably be the best baseball game you've ever played. And that comes from a die-hard supporter of the 2k franchise. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Closed - then not closed.

Is one of the mods drunk today?
                        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

QUOTE(DLove @ Sep 29 2005, 02:47 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 29 2005, 02:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          Like I said, I'm pretty good at other video games. As far as coordination is concerned, I'm one of the better basketball players you'll ever see thats not major college or NBA. Thats not my problem, I'm just not that good at this game.
                          [/b][/quote]
                          I'm one of the better basketball players you'll ever see[/b][/quote]

Did you ever see Jordan try to hit a baseball, maybe that is your problem [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(ChiTownBluesFan @ Sep 29 2005, 03:13 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Topic History Report
                            Topic Title I hate MVP Baseball 2005
                            Topic Description I suck
                            Topic Started on Today, 12:47 PM
                            Topic Started by DLove
                            Last Post on Today, 03:16 PM
                            Last Post by madyaks
                            Average Posts per day 13[/b][/quote]

You're drunk on the moonshine...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 29 2005, 03:18 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ChiTownBluesFan @ Sep 29 2005, 03:13 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Topic History Report
                              Topic Title I hate MVP Baseball 2005
                              Topic Description I suck
                              Topic Started on Today, 12:47 PM
                              Topic Started by DLove
                              Last Post on Today, 03:16 PM
                              Last Post by madyaks
                              Average Posts per day 13[/b][/quote]

You're drunk on the moonshine...
                              [/b][/quote]
                              I can safely say I'm sober and I saw it closed too......right after my post, in fact.

Comment

Working...
                              X