X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narron to be back in Cincinnati in 2006

Reds reward 46-42 Narron with one-year contract
    Associated Press

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds on Thursday extended manager Jerry Narron's contract through the 2006 season, with a mutual option for 2007.

Narron began this season as the Reds bench coach and was appointed interim manager when Dave Miley was fired June 21 after the team's 27-43 start.

Cincinnati is 46-42 under Narron entering Thursday's game against Milwaukee.

"Jerry has earned the opportunity the way the club has responded to him in terms of his leadership on the field and in the clubhouse," general manager Dan O'Brien said.

"His focus on trying to play the game the right way is going to be very important to us going forward, and that's throughout the minor league system all the way to the major leagues."

Narron had a 134-162 record as Texas' manager in 2001-02. He was Boston's bench coach in 2003 and managed four years in Baltimore's minor league system.

"I've enjoyed the last couple of months. I think the guys have played hard, and that's made it very easy," Narron said.

He said he was happy with a one-year deal, considering that some shares in the team are for sale.

"Anytime there's an impending sale, [a one-year contract] is about what to expect," Narron said.[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Unless they get more pitching, they'll be looking for another interim manager sometime in 2007.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 29 2005, 11:51 AM) Quoted post

Unless they get more pitching, they'll be looking for another interim manager sometime in 2007.
      [/b][/quote]

In that ballpark, the best they're gonna do is keep getting the Eric Miltons of the world.
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X