Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Question About The Lounge (Well, Sorta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Question About The Lounge (Well, Sorta)

Okay, on the old version of the board, even though there were limited options for changing font size, you could manually code to go outside those boundaries, including making the text smaller.

That no longer seems to be the case. Can anyone provide any insight?

Surely I don't need to purchase a subscription (which I will do in good time) to change the font size...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 28 2005, 07:35 PM) Quoted post

Surely I don't need to purchase a subscription (which I will do in good time) to change the font size...
    [/b][/quote]

It's a bargain at twice the price.

Comment

I don't seem to be having any problems.

Comment

You have to select the font or size from the drop down box, and then be sure to close your tag with a "[/font]" or "[/size]"minus the quotes (There used to be a button that did that...maybe I just missed it)

Comment

Well, maybe I'm an idiot then... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

What tags did you use? And I can make it bigger...just not smaller...(which is probably not a problem Glovey has... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] )
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

The tag is ["size=#"]text[/"size"], with the number being 1 through 7, and without the quotes, obviously.

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Sep 28 2005, 07:14 PM) Quoted post

You have to select the font from the drop down box, and then be sure to close your tag with a "[/font]" minus the quotes (There used to be a button that did that...maybe I just missed it)
              [/b][/quote]

That doesn't change the font size, though...just the font...

Comment

It's size, not font.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 28 2005, 07:17 PM) Quoted post

The tag is ["size=#"]text[/"size"], with the number being 1 through 7, and without the quotes, obviously.
                  [/b][/quote]

That's what I tried...you used to be able to manually change the number so the text could get very small too...it wasn't limited to 1 - 7...

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 28 2005, 07:18 PM) Quoted post

It's size, not font.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Yeah, I wasn't reading closely enough...I edited my other post to include size.

But seriously, where did the close tags button go? I know you can highlight a block of text to change the font, size, or color, but it doesn't always highlight everything you want to change. Maybe my mouse just sucks.

Comment

The close tags button is a little red X lookin' thing in the upper right corner of the reply box.

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 28 2005, 08:38 PM) Quoted post

The close tags button is a little red X lookin' thing in the upper right corner of the reply box.
                        [/b][/quote]

You mean the one that when you mouse-over it says "close all tags"? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 28 2005, 07:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You mean the one that when you mouse-over it says "close all tags"? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Yea, that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 28 2005, 07:52 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(210 @ Sep 28 2005, 07:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                            Yea, that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                            [/b][/quote]
                            I just assumed that closed the reply window or something like that....never even bothered to mouse over it.

I guess I need access to a smart person too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X