Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay indicted on one count of single criminal conspiracy in TX

CNN....more later

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Man, I'd really hate to see Delay serve time. Wasn't Martha enough?

Comment

So does that mean he has to step down as majority leader?
      Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

QUOTE(bombay @ Sep 28 2005, 11:42 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

At least temporarily, according to the GOP's own set of rules in the Senate.
        I like cheese.

Comment

QUOTE(triggercut1 @ Sep 28 2005, 09:45 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(bombay @ Sep 28 2005, 11:42 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

At least temporarily, according to the GOP's own set of rules in the Senate.
          [/b][/quote]

You're assuming they'll play by the rules...

A safer bet would be - a late Friday emergency session to ramrod in some changes to the ethics rules for Congress, signed by Bush at 2AM, taking effect immediately, and gleefully ignored/underreported by the fourth estate...

Business as usual. Delay is as crooked as Lombard St. in SF, but if he ever in his life sees a day of jail time, I'll eat my hat...
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Look, guys, you're going to have to choose. You can't have DeLay AND Karl Rove.

Comment

Whee!
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Delay is as crooked as a coolie's spine.

And we have the good people of Texas doing our dirty work for us, so we can concentrate federal authorities on Rove.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 28 2005, 11:49 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  It's OK Reggie. They need something to do. Once Clinton was out of office they didn't have Whitewater, Travelgate, Monica Lewinsky, Kathleen Willey, Mark Rich and a few other scandals I can't remember right to defend themselves against.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                  Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                  Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                  NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                  LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

It wouldn't break my heart any if the GOP were forced to come up with a more "palatable" fellow to be HML.

Comment

Mark Rich [/b][/quote]

Forgot about that fucker. Clinton will have to answer for that one in the Great Beyond.

Comment

It amazes me. Tom Delay gets indicted, and somebody has to bring up the Clinton scandals. Why? What does Tom Delay have to do with Clinton? If there's a point to be made it's that there are very few politicians who are squeeky clean. I say send every one of the lawbreakers to jail. Maybe we won't have these scandals anymore.

Comment

Why? [/b][/quote]

cuz

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 28 2005, 11:58 AM) Quoted post

Why? [/b][/quote]

cuz
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Because that's what Rush Limbaugh and Air America have taught us to do? Deflect attention by pointing out the opponent's shortcomings? It's pathetic.

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 28 2005, 11:49 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Don't forget Senate Majority Insider Trader. and then once Abramoff flips, every Republican in Washington DC will be under indictment.
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X