Cy Young Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cy Young Question...

Why is ESPN no longer including Clemens?

I just watched the Willis highlights on SportsCenter, and it seems they have discounted Clemens now...

Sure, he got blown up...but so has Carpenter...more than once...

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see Carpenter win it...I just wonder why Clemens has suddenly fallen out of the hunt now that Willis has surged...
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

I'm not totally sure. I mean, he's on a team that is most likely going to the playoffs. Maybe it's the win total and lack of strikeouts?
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Sep 27 2005, 10:51 PM) Quoted post

Why is ESPN no longer including Clemens?

I just watched the Willis highlights on SportsCenter, and it seems they have discounted Clemens now...

Sure, he got blown up...but so has Carpenter...more than once...

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see Carpenter win it...I just wonder why Clemens has suddenly fallen out of the hunt now that Willis has surged...
      [/b][/quote]
      I'm thinking it's because it'd be easier to overlook one 20-game winner to give him the award, but much much harder to overlook two 20-game winners, both with mid-2 ERAs.
      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

It happened when his ERA bounced up.

And the fact that he's missed starts.

And the fact that he's going to be busted for steroids when the year's over.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Best pitcher in the league, but his team sucks, I think the two twenty game winner thing is true.
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I think the 12-8 record has everything to do with it, plus the fact that he hasn't won a game since August sometime (I think I read that somewhere).
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
            X