The Amazing Kreskin Predicts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Kreskin Predicts...

will put the Sharks in at #1 in the West. Here are some rankings of interest:

Calgary #2
    Vancouver #3
    Detroit #4
    Nashville #7
    Colorado #9
    Chicago #10
    Edmonton #11
    Columbus #13
    Minnesota #14
    St Louis #15

I predict that when tomorrow's Pacific Division is revealed, the results will be
    San Jose #1
    Los Angeles #5
    Dallas #6
    Anaheim #8
    Phoenix #12

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/preview2005/

Arguments, agreements?

I didn'r care about the NFL playoffs in 82, MLB in 81 and 93, and the NBA the year they had their strike shortened season. I sure as hell don't care about the NHL in 05-06.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 27 2005, 06:44 PM) Quoted post

I didn'r care about the NFL playoffs in 82, MLB in 81 and 93, and the NBA the year they had their strike shortened season. I sure as hell don't care about the NHL in 05-06.
      [/b][/quote]
      oh ok

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 27 2005, 06:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for replying then, Kev. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Glovey,

I guess what I'm should be asking, is does anyone really give a darn who wins in 06? The lockout changed the game drastically from 04. IMO, we won't get the feel of what a true team can accomplish, for atleast two seasons.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 27 2005, 06:50 PM) Quoted post

Glovey,

I guess what I'm should be asking, is does anyone really give a darn who wins in 06? The lockout changed the game drastically from 04. IMO, we won't get the feel of what a true team can accomplish, for atleast two seasons.
            [/b][/quote]

I think you'll find that most hockey fans care who wins in '06. The teams were shaken up a bit. In no way is this season compromised because of the lockout. A shortened season last year might have been.

Comment

I'm not saying this upcoming season will be compromised, but the drastic changes in most rosters may take some getting used to. Plus, it's a shame that the likes of Stevie Y, Messier, and Mac Innis didn't get a shot to show their stuff one more time.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 27 2005, 07:02 PM) Quoted post

I'm not saying this upcoming season will be compromised, but the drastic changes in most rosters may take some getting used to. Plus, it's a shame that the likes of Stevie Y, Messier, and Mac Innis didn't get a shot to show their stuff one more time.
                [/b][/quote]

Stevie Y is playing, last time I checked.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 06:40 PM) Quoted post

Calgary #2
                  Vancouver #3
                  Detroit #4
                  Nashville #7
                  Colorado #9
                  Chicago #10
                  Edmonton #11
                  Columbus #13
                  Minnesota #14
                  St Louis #15

I predict that when tomorrow's Pacific Division is revealed, the results will be
                  San Jose #1
                  Los Angeles #5
                  Dallas #6
                  Anaheim #8
                  Phoenix #12

Arguments, agreements?
                  [/b][/quote]

I don't see how the Sharks could be number 1.

- They were beaten by Calgary in the WCF.
                  - Calgary is as young a team as the Sharks so they didn't get old like the Dead Things.
                  - The Sharks did not add any players and lost several including a key blueliner.

I agree with the Pacific Division standings.
                  "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

QUOTE(Jaws @ Sep 27 2005, 07:09 PM) Quoted post

Calgary #2
                    Vancouver #3
                    Detroit #4
                    Nashville #7
                    Colorado #9
                    Chicago #10
                    Edmonton #11
                    Columbus #13
                    Minnesota #14
                    St Louis #15

San Jose #1
                    Los Angeles #5
                    Dallas #6
                    Anaheim #8
                    Phoenix #12

Arguments, agreements?
                    [/b][/quote]

- Calgary is as young a team as the Sharks so they didn't get olf like the Dead Things.
                    - The Sharks did not add any players and lost several including a key blueliner.

[/b][/quote]

The Sharks added Milan Michalek and Marcel Goc. Michalek was sidelined for the season after game 2 last year. Steve Bernier is freakin' fired up. Cheechoo is definitely faster than he was before. And Marleau has been busting ass in games.

I liked Mike Rathje. Nonetheless, the new rules changes, which appear to specifically outlaw the Rat Trap, may make him less valuable than previously.

In short, I can believe the Sharks at #1 - only Calgary and maybe Vancouver are comparable, IMHO. Bucci says Calgary-San Jose, ESPN is going to say San Jose-Calgary. Either is fine with me, what counts is home ice in the playoffs. But I guess that's why they play the games, eh Jaws?

Comment

I don't think the Blues will make the playoffs, but I doubt they finish dead last in the conference.
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 27 2005, 07:16 PM) Quoted post

I don't think the Blues will make the playoffs, but I doubt they finish dead last in the conference.
                        [/b][/quote]

I agree. I'm thinking Minnesota or Columbus will be tail-end Charlie. But note that I'm picking the Kings higher than Dallas, and many will probably disagree with that.

Here's the tougher one: will the Blues be last in the Central division?

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 07:23 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 27 2005, 07:16 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I agree. I'm thinking Minnesota or Columbus will be tail-end Charlie. But note that I'm picking the Kings higher than Dallas, and many will probably disagree with that.

Here's the tougher one: will the Blues be last in the Central division?
                          [/b][/quote]

Hmm, I'll say no since I'm not sold on Nashville yet.

Saying that, the could finish last if they deal either Weight or Tkachuk or even both.
                          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 07:15 PM) Quoted post

Calgary #2
                            Vancouver #3
                            Detroit #4
                            Nashville #7
                            Colorado #9
                            Chicago #10
                            Edmonton #11
                            Columbus #13
                            Minnesota #14
                            St Louis #15

San Jose #1
                            Los Angeles #5
                            Dallas #6
                            Anaheim #8
                            Phoenix #12

Arguments, agreements?
                            [/b][/quote]

- Calgary is as young a team as the Sharks so they didn't get olf like the Dead Things.

[/b][/quote]

The Sharks added Milan Michalek and Marcel Goc. Michalek was sidelined for the season after game 2 last year. Steve Bernier is freakin' fired up. Cheechoo is definitely faster than he was before. And Marleau has been busting ass in games.

I liked Mike Rathje. Nonetheless, the new rules changes, which appear to specifically outlaw the Rat Trap, may make him less valuable than previously.

In short, I can believe the Sharks at #1 - only Calgary and maybe Vancouver are comparable, IMHO. Bucci says Calgary-San Jose, ESPN is going to say San Jose-Calgary. Either is fine with me, what counts is home ice in the playoffs. But I guess that's why they play the games, eh Jaws?
                            [/b][/quote]

Make no mistake, I like the Sharks' chances. (I made a $10 bet with 18 to 1 odds for the Cup.)

I have high hopes for the young guys like Goc, Michalek, and Bernier. However, a lot of things have to happen to justify even a #2 ranking. Don't forget a lot of Sharks had career years last season. I think Erhoff is a key player. If he can add a little offense and not be a defensive liability then Rathje's loss won't be a factor. As it is, I think the Sharks are thin on defense. In the course of a long season that could be their fatal flaw.
                            "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

QUOTE(Jaws @ Sep 27 2005, 07:54 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 07:15 PM) Quoted post

Calgary #2
                              Vancouver #3
                              Detroit #4
                              Nashville #7
                              Colorado #9
                              Chicago #10
                              Edmonton #11
                              Columbus #13
                              Minnesota #14
                              St Louis #15

San Jose #1
                              Los Angeles #5
                              Dallas #6
                              Anaheim #8
                              Phoenix #12

Arguments, agreements?
                              [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Make no mistake, I like the Sharks' chances. (I made a $10 bet with 18 to 1 odds for the Cup.)

I have high hopes for the young guys like Goc, Michalek, and Bernier. However, a lot of things have to happen to justify even a #2 ranking. Don't forget a lot of Sharks had career years last season. I think Erhoff is a key player. If he can add a little offense and not be a defensive liability then Rathje's loss won't be a factor. As it is, I think the Sharks are thin on defense. In the course of a long season that could be their fatal flaw.
                              [/b][/quote]

The guy I think the Sharks are gonna miss is Alex Korolyuk. Really. Another speedy wing is definitely a plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X