Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating FEMA's no-bid contracts

NO bid? good / bad?

Hell I am not even sure "no bid" is the big issue, I think giving big contracts to the vice presidents old company should be looked into period.
    Is it only unfair if the over charge? I say no, it's unfair if they get contracts due to high office contacts period.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

But, also, remember, under Bill Clinton, most of the big contracts went to Halliburton and Bechtel also, especially Halliburton. They're the ones that do this type of work. [/b][/quote]

You miss that part, asscigarlicker?

Comment

Yaks, I believe there is a provision that in times of national/natural disaster, there isn't a need to allow for bids of contracts....

Of course, I'm probably wrong on that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 27 2005, 05:04 PM) Quoted post

NO bid? good / bad?

Hell I am not even sure "no bid" is the big issue, I think giving big contracts to the vice presidents old company should be looked into period.
          Is it only unfair if the over charge? I say no, it's unfair if they get contracts due to high office contacts period.
          [/b][/quote]

So I guess if a former executive at your company becomes the VP, you should just fold up the business. You can't survive if every contract you receive draws a Federal investigation.

Comment

What a shock.

The lefties insist on big government solutions and the big government turns to big business.

And the lefties whine.

Too funny.
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Do you people ever stop whining, crying, and bitching?
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

QUOTE(BurnKU @ Sep 27 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I believe IRS Tax Form 1040 (and it's variants) gives anyone the right to whine, cry, and bitch about the possible abuses of no-bid contracts going to the same company time and time again.

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 05:25 PM) Quoted post

NO bid? good / bad?

[/b][/quote]

So I guess if a former executive at your company becomes the VP, you should just fold up the business. You can't survive if every contract you receive draws a Federal investigation.
                  [/b][/quote]

No but maybe you don't get no bid deals anymore.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

doesn't that other company that is getting the no-bid have strong ties to the democratic party?

WHO CARES.

Comment

From a scale of 1 to awesome, I like Hep's contribution to this thread more than anyone else's.
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

The current version of the Republican party can't seem to grow the government big enough. Last of the big spenders. Not for fiscal conservatives, for sure.
                        Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

QUOTE(Iowa_Card @ Sep 27 2005, 08:49 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BurnKU @ Sep 27 2005, 08:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I believe IRS Tax Form 1040 (and it's variants) gives anyone the right to whine, cry, and bitch about the possible abuses of no-bid contracts going to the same company time and time again.
                          [/b][/quote]

How long has no bid contracts to Haliburton been considered abuse?
                          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

QUOTE(bombay @ Sep 27 2005, 08:59 PM) Quoted post

The current version of the Republican party can't seem to grow the government big enough. Last of the big spenders. Not for fiscal conservatives, for sure.
                            [/b][/quote]

What does that have to do with FEMA's no bid contracts?

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Sep 27 2005, 08:52 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Airshark @ Sep 27 2005, 05:25 PM) Quoted post

NO bid? good / bad?

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No but maybe you don't get no bid deals anymore.
                              [/b][/quote]

I'd rather have the best company possible doing the work.

Comment

Working...
                              X