Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox

I started a thread a month ago about not being able to decide if I want the Red Sox to repeat as AL champs so we could wax their tails, or just miss the playoffs altogether. I've now come to the conclusion that I'd prefer them to sit in October (and dammit, it may just happen).

That way, when Kevin Kennedy asks a champagne-soaked Albert Pujols if he feels the 2005 title erases the sting of the humiliating defeat at the hands of the Red Sox, he can reply, "Who?"

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 27 2005, 09:30 AM) Quoted post

I started a thread a month ago about not being able to decide if I want the Red Sox to repeat as AL champs so we could wax their tails, or just miss the playoffs altogether. I've now come to the conclusion that I'd prefer them to sit in October (and dammit, it may just happen).

That way, when Kevin Kennedy asks a champagne-soaked Albert Pujols if he feels the 2005 title erases the sting of the humiliating defeat at the hands of the Red Sox, he can reply, "Who?"
    [/b][/quote]
    please tell me they will have better announces in the winning lockerroom than KK

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Suck the Fox!

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Sep 27 2005, 09:36 AM) Quoted post

Suck the Fox!

Moon
        [/b][/quote]
        oddly that looks worse than saying it the right way!

unless you are trying to tell us something Moon!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

yeah, I still don't mind if they stay home. If they decide to show up though, beating them would be fine too.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I want them to get swept by the Yankees. And then talk about how they're scrappy underdogs and the Yankees have a huge payroll.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 27 2005, 10:03 AM) Quoted post

I want them to get swept by the Yankees. And then talk about how they're scrappy underdogs and the Yankees have a huge payroll.
              [/b][/quote]

Let's just hope the Yanks put the dagger in their heart this time. Enough of the sucking foxes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
              RIP Stan the Man
              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
              I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhanke @ Sep 27 2005, 07:49 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Sep 27 2005, 09:36 AM) Quoted post

Suck the Fox!

Moon
                [/b][/quote]
                oddly that looks worse than saying it the right way!

unless you are trying to tell us something Moon!
                [/b][/quote]

moons gay
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

[/b][/quote]
                  I mentioned in a thread to Kah over a week ago that my prediction was they'd miss the playoffs altogether this year. Kah doubted this would happen, but certainly didn't rule out the possibility. He may yet be correct. Or I may be. I continue to stand by the prediction, however.

In reflection, my prediction may best be characterized as "dislike" disguised as a prediction. Either way, it is what it is, I support it, and I pray it happens.

Sorry Lip and 210.
                  "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Sawk play two today. They drop 'em both, they're fucked.

Comment

QUOTE(slow groove @ Sep 27 2005, 11:30 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      I mentioned in a thread to Kah over a week ago that my prediction was they'd miss the playoffs altogether this year. Kah doubted this would happen, but certainly didn't rule out the possibility. He may yet be correct. Or I may be. I continue to stand by the prediction, however.

In reflection, my prediction may best be characterized as "dislike" disguised as a prediction. Either way, it is what it is, I support it, and I pray it happens.

Sorry Lip and 210.
                      [/b][/quote]

It's ok. It's not like I take it personal. I just hope you burn in eternal hellfire. While being forced to watch Ishtar.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:
                      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Reggie Cleveland @ Sep 27 2005, 10:34 AM) Quoted post

Sawk play two today. They drop 'em both, they're fucked.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        They won't.

They're playing at Fenway. Day/night doubleheader. Wakefield pitches the first game. Schilling (who was due to start last night before the postponement) will get extra rest (since he threw no pitches in warmup) and start the second.

At worst the Sox will split. But since struggling in their final ten games (ending a 30 games in 30 days stretch) prior their off day (last Thursday), they've been punishing the ball and have been on a roll.
                        "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 27 2005, 10:35 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Sorry Lip and 210.
                          [/b][/quote]

It's ok. It's not like I take it personal. I just hope you burn in eternal hellfire. While being forced to watch Ishtar.
                          [/b][/quote]

OUCH! Thank you for not taking it personal. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                          RIP Stan the Man
                          The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                          I miss TLR!

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Sorry Lip and 210.
                            [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Sorry Lip and 210.
                              [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                              Wow. Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, sand and camels. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Hell I could deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X