• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLBPA would agree to 20 game suspension for first steroid suspension

Updated: Sep. 26, 2005, 6:10 PM ET
    First steroids positive could cost players 20 games
    Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The baseball players' union says it would agree to increase the penalty for a first positive steroid test from 10 days to 20 games.

Earlier this month, commissioner Bud Selig once again called for tougher sanctions.

"On April 25, I sent a letter to Don Fehr, the chief of the players' association, proposing that violators of the program be suspended 50 days for the first offense, 100 days for the second offense and a lifetime ban for the third," Selig said in a speech to the Commonwealth Club of Silicon Valley.

"The only response I received from the union is that they were in the process of talking to their players and collecting their feedback. Unfortunately, that was more than five months ago."

The current agreement between the owners and players calls for a 10-day suspension for first offense, 30 days for the second, 60 for the third and a year for a fourth offense.[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Mmmmm.... Steorids.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Let me know when they decide to get serious.

I'm thinking 100 game suspension w/o pay for the 1st offense, lifetime for the 2nd.

Comment

I heard on the radio on the way home that they also agreed to ban amphetamines...
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Comment

QUOTE(Hepatitis Dispenser @ Sep 26 2005, 07:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
            Not one of the best photochops, but still funny [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Tell me when they start testing for HGH. Until then, thats what everyone will flock to.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
              X