Patriots-Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots-Steelers

I wish everyone would stop with this nonsense about the Patriots and Colts being the big matchup in the AFC, if not the whole NFL. I think all that's happened since 2001, and continuing right on through Sunday, is a pretty good indication that THE game to watch in this era is Patriots-Steelers. Why are the Steelers always overlooked in this thing? Is it because they don't have the firepower of the Colts? Or the name recognition of the Colts? I'm not sure really but Pittsburgh has generally been better than the Colts, they've actually managed to beat the Patriots in the regular season, and they've lost two AFC title games to them since 2001. And when these two teams play, the games are far more entertaining than when the Colts play the Patriots. I know the whole country is hoping the Patriots play the Colts in January but I'm far more intrigued by the possibility of the Patriots and Steelers playing again.

I never thought I'd say this about any quarterback but Tom Brady is giving Joe Montana a serious run for the title of the best quarterback of all-time. These two are by far the two most calm and collected quarterbacks I've ever seen and only Elway ranks with them when it comes to stepping up their play in the biggest moments. Today, Brady was perfect in the fourth quarter--not a single incompletion, on the road, in a hostile environment, in a very tight game, against arguably the best defense in the league. And he started the quarter playing from behind.

Oh, Adam Vinatieri is the best kicker of all-time. Without a doubt.

I never realized how difficult it is to avoid a result of a game until today. Since the Dolphins-Panthers game I worked was an early kickoff, my plan was to work the game, drive to the airport, fly home and not know any of the late game results so I could watch this game in its entirety. One problem--there were televisions EVERYWHERE in the terminal with this game on. The solution? An iPod, a book, and setting my cell phone to vibrate at 7:30, when it was time to board my flight. Now that I've watched the game, I see it was a good thing to have avoided it so that I could see the whole thing.

Intense game yesterday. The Steelers just gave the Pats too much time and too short a field at the end. I know it's really not a good strategy, you have to get the TDs when you can, but they had first and goal with 90 seconds left and went right into the endzone. I thought they might run once to burn off some time, since the Pats were out of TOs.

I hate the Pats. Down 4 starting D-men and they still win it.

Ben was under a lot of pressure, it was good to seem him pull off that last drive.
    No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
    President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
    President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

The Colts are a different team this year.

That match up may take on real significance.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Sep 26 2005, 04:31 AM) Quoted post
        I never thought I'd say this about any quarterback but Tom Brady is giving Joe Montana a serious run for the title of the best quarterback of all-time.[/b][/quote]

Oh, Adam Vinatieri is the best kicker of all-time. Without a doubt.[/b][/quote]

Really? Tom Brady? I mean, it was a good game, but...

Comment

Joe Montana > Tom Brady.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 26 2005, 09:13 AM) Quoted post

I never thought I'd say this about any quarterback but Tom Brady is giving Joe Montana a serious run for the title of the best quarterback of all-time.[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I smell hyperbole.

Brady is a fine QB, but he's no Montana. Or Elway. Or Unitas. Or Graham. Or...
            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 26 2005, 10:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I smell hyperbole.

[/b][/quote]
              Kosar?
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Dev - is Duce Steley going to start in a couple of weeks over Willie Parker? I have Parker in my money league, but have a chance to pick up Staley.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I wonder how Mr. Randel El is feeling this morning?

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Sep 26 2005, 05:31 AM) Quoted post

I wish everyone would stop with this nonsense about the Patriots and Colts being the big matchup in the AFC, if not the whole NFL. I think all that's happened since 2001, and continuing right on through Sunday, is a pretty good indication that THE game to watch in this era is Patriots-Steelers. Why are the Steelers always overlooked in this thing? Is it because they don't have the firepower of the Colts? Or the name recognition of the Colts? I'm not sure really but Pittsburgh has generally been better than the Colts, they've actually managed to beat the Patriots in the regular season, and they've lost two AFC title games to them since 2001. And when these two teams play, the games are far more entertaining than when the Colts play the Patriots. I know the whole country is hoping the Patriots play the Colts in January but I'm far more intrigued by the possibility of the Patriots and Steelers playing again.

I never thought I'd say this about any quarterback but Tom Brady is giving Joe Montana a serious run for the title of the best quarterback of all-time. These two are by far the two most calm and collected quarterbacks I've ever seen and only Elway ranks with them when it comes to stepping up their play in the biggest moments. Today, Brady was perfect in the fourth quarter--not a single incompletion, on the road, in a hostile environment, in a very tight game, against arguably the best defense in the league. And he started the quarter playing from behind.

Oh, Adam Vinatieri is the best kicker of all-time. Without a doubt.

I never realized how difficult it is to avoid a result of a game until today. Since the Dolphins-Panthers game I worked was an early kickoff, my plan was to work the game, drive to the airport, fly home and not know any of the late game results so I could watch this game in its entirety. One problem--there were televisions EVERYWHERE in the terminal with this game on. The solution? An iPod, a book, and setting my cell phone to vibrate at 7:30, when it was time to board my flight. Now that I've watched the game, I see it was a good thing to have avoided it so that I could see the whole thing.
                    [/b][/quote]

Throw in a few more comments about coffee and field hockey and you got Peter King's schtick down.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Sep 26 2005, 10:13 AM) Quoted post

Oh, Adam Vinatieri is the best kicker of all-time. Without a doubt.[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Devaskar's infatuation with the Pats continues...

I actually think the Pats are closer to just an above average team this year than they've been in a long time. The defense is good, but losing Bruschi and Law were big blows. Dillon looks older this year and that could kill this team in the playoffs.

BTW, dev, I agree with you that the Colts have over-shadowed the Steelers in recent years and that shouldn't have been. BUT the Colts D is far and away better than they've been in a long time. If they get home field advantage, they'll win the Super Bowl this year. Just my opinion.
                      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Speaking of Montana and Unitas...

how 'bout that Drew Bledsoe

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Sep 26 2005, 08:24 AM) Quoted post

I wonder how Mr. Randel El is feeling this morning?
                          [/b][/quote]

I hope he feels like the playmaker he is. Guy is great to watch on the field.

How is the infamous Rodney Harrison feeling?

Comment

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 26 2005, 09:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I smell hyperbole.

[/b][/quote]
                            Kosar?
                            [/b][/quote]

Stouffer.
                            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 26 2005, 08:33 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Sep 26 2005, 09:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I smell hyperbole.

[/b][/quote]
                              Kosar?
                              [/b][/quote]

Stouffer.
                              [/b][/quote]

warner

Comment

Working...
                              X