X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brett Favre washed up?

Favre: 5 TD, 7 INT, 72.7 rating,

Green Bay: 0-3

I think he's done. I'm sending a sympathy card to John Madden.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

You forgot Peter King!
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 26 2005, 04:05 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Uhhh........get him an experienced offensive line and some more experienced receivers (exception to Driver) that don't get taken off their routes so easy........

I will admit that Brett's numbers have been short of spectacular, but I think the fact that a Super Bowl isn't directly on the horizon will make him retire......there isn't any upsides to the team right now based on their current personnel.......in addition, their defense has in no way improved from last years........it will be a long year IMO......
      TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 26 2005, 05:13 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 26 2005, 04:05 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Uhhh........get him an experienced offensive line and some more experienced receivers (exception to Driver) that don't get taken off their routes so easy........

I will admit that Brett's numbers have been short of spectacular, but I think the fact that a Super Bowl isn't directly on the horizon will make him retire......there isn't any upsides to the team right now based on their current personnel.......in addition, their defense has in no way improved from last years........it will be a long year IMO......
        [/b][/quote]

He wasn't all the great last year though, at least not by his own standards. Sort of like Marshall Faulk.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Don't worry - I'm SURE he'll find a way to own the Bears this year.

He always does.

Fucker.
          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Actually, if not for Favre (and Griese), the Bucs would've won by 20.
            But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

He still throws way too many "What the Hell?" passes into triple coverage.

The media's slurping of Favre is tiredsome and unexcellent.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 26 2005, 09:38 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That's how I see it too. He still has a greta arm, but his decision making has been abysmal the last few years. He makes as many "Oh crap" throws now as he does "Holy shit" throws.
                Official Lounge Sponsor:
                Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Sep 26 2005, 07:39 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 26 2005, 09:38 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That's how I see it too. He still has a greta arm, but his decision making has been abysmal the last few years. He makes as many "Oh crap" throws now as he does "Holy shit" throws.
                  [/b][/quote]

I think he actually makes more "Oh crap throws" than good throws.

And while it's nice to see him celebrate a TD (I think he's one of the good guys) as often as not he looks disinterested and preoccupied.

I think he retires at season's end.
                  His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                  Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Washed up? No.

Deteriorating? Yes.

On a sucky team? Absolutely.
                    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Sep 26 2005, 07:47 AM) Quoted post

Washed up? No.

Deteriorating? Yes.

[/b][/quote]

++

I've been a Packer die-hard forever. He's pretty close to being washed up, but if he played on a decent team, and had more time to throw, he'd be above average. He has always been blessed with a very good offensive line. I'll never understand why they let Wahle and Rivera go...because they sure didn't seem to pick up anything good with the money saved.
                      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

i wonder if they go 0-6 if he gives up mid year. my gut says no but still

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Who are the elite QBs now?

I was thinking Bulger would step into the hole that Favre would leave, but it looks like Carson Palmer has done that.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Sep 26 2005, 08:52 AM) Quoted post

Washed up? No.

Deteriorating? Yes.

[/b][/quote]

++

I've been a Packer die-hard forever. He's pretty close to being washed up, but if he played on a decent team, and had more time to throw, he'd be above average. He has always been blessed with a very good offensive line. I'll never understand why they let Wahle and Rivera go...because they sure didn't seem to pick up anything good with the money saved.
                            [/b][/quote]

++

If he had a better offensive line and better support from the WR's and RB's, he'd be doing way better than he is now. He used to throw up a lot of the "holy shit" passes and they'd find a target, but not so far this season. I'm with Hanke too that I don't think he'll quit mid-season, that's just not like him. He's tough and will keep plugging away. I see him retiring after this year though.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                            Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                            Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                            NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                            LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Lois Lane @ Sep 26 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Sep 26 2005, 08:52 AM) Quoted post

Washed up? No.

Deteriorating? Yes.

[/b][/quote]

++

[/b][/quote]

++

If he had a better offensive line and better support from the WR's and RB's, he'd be doing way better than he is now. He used to throw up a lot of the "holy shit" passes and they'd find a target, but not so far this season. I'm with Hanke too that I don't think he'll quit mid-season, that's just not like him. He's tough and will keep plugging away. I see him retiring after this year though.
                              [/b][/quote]

This just hasn't been a this year thing though. It's been happening a lot over the last couple of years, but he's been bailed out by the better talent around him. I don't think he was nearly as good the last 2 or 3 years as many in the media were portraying. I think it's consistency. He'd have a great game, followed by a clunker or 2, then another great one.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor:
                              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Working...
                              X