Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL News & Notes

Rangers' Blackburn announces retirement

That's a shame. I thought he had a pretty bright future ahead of him. I had him pegged as one of the better up-and-coming young goalies...

Deadmarsh retires because of concussions

That's a shame, too. I always kinda liked Deadmarsh.

Forsberg skates for first time since surgery

FLOPPA!

Czechs ratify transfer agreement for NHL, Europe

WOW, I had no idea Blackburns injury was that serious.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Sep 26 2005, 12:42 AM) Quoted post

WOW, I had no idea Blackburns injury was that serious.
      [/b][/quote]
      Yea, I didn't either.

Comment

Roenick suffers concussion; exhibition game scores

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 26 2005, 12:38 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Isn't that about concussion number twelve for him?

Moon

Comment

Blackburn's injury was so bad, he gave up on trying to use a catching glove on his one hand. He couldn't roll his shoulder over to get it to face forward and still have any mobility. He'd gotten a special blocker/glove thing approved by the NHL so that he basically had two blockers on, with one of them having a pseudo-glove on the inside to freeze the puck.

The kid had some skill, too. Really a shame that his career was cut this short due to injury.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Sep 26 2005, 07:34 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 26 2005, 12:38 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Isn't that about concussion number twelve for him?

Moon
              [/b][/quote]
              Give or take a couple dozen.

Comment

Kenny Albert told me about Blackburn a couple weeks ago. He said he can't even raise his arm to shoulder level anymore.

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Sep 26 2005, 05:30 PM) Quoted post

Kenny Albert told me about Blackburn a couple weeks ago. He said he can't even raise his arm to shoulder level anymore.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Wow. That sucks.

Comment

Devils trade Friesen to Caps for draft pick

Datsyuk signs with Red Wings

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 26 2005, 08:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      It's good to see the Caps intend on having an NHL player on the team this season.

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Sep 26 2005, 10:56 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Sep 26 2005, 08:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        It's good to see the Caps intend on having an NHL player on the team this season.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OLN celebrates the return of the NHL by making season opener available to all cable and satellite homes

Stamford, CT - OLN, the new, national cable television home of the National Hockey League, will kick off the 2005-06 season when the Rangers take on the Flyers on October 5. In an effort to allow the largest possible audience to watch the game when it returns to the ice, the network will make the opener available to all cable and satellite operators, whether or not OLN is offered as part of their regular channel line-ups. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on October 5 and will include highlights from other games around the league as part of OLN's studio show.

"Opening night is a celebration of the return of these great teams and players to the ice, so we're making it available free of charge to all operators," said Gavin Harvey, President of OLN. "Rangers vs. Flyers is a legendary match up and a terrific way to kick off the NHL on OLN. We can't wait to deliver a great hockey season, especially with as many teams going into it with serious playoff potential."

OLN will be providing cable and satellite operators information on how to access the NHL game signal. Viewers should check with their provider to find out how they can watch the game, if they don't already get OLN as part of their channel line-up. After October 5, viewers in systems where OLN is widely distributed will be able to watch national coverage of the most intense NHL rivalries every Monday and Tuesday night. In total, the network will present 58 regular-season games, wall-to-wall playoff action, and the first two games of the Stanley Cup Final.

"OLN is going to capture the key moments of the season," said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and Production. "From the national debut of Sidney Crosby as a Pittsburgh Penguin, to Wayne Gretzky's first game as an NHL coach for the Phoenix Coyotes, we're going to be there, giving our viewers unprecedented access and taking advantage of the new rules on the ice."

The NHL on OLN's schedule highlights some of the most exciting hockey match-ups, such as Boston vs. Montreal, Chicago vs. Detroit, Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia, Colorado vs. Detroit and Boston vs. NY Rangers. Every U.S.-based team will be featured on OLN at least once during the regular season, with teams like Detroit and Colorado making eight appearances each. Mike "Doc" Emrick will be the network's lead play-by-play announcer, John Davidson will serve as the network's lead analyst and veteran NHL analyst Bill Clement will host OLN's studio show. Additions to OLN's hockey commentating team will be released as details become available. [/b][/quote]
                          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Brilliant move on OLN's part....a little goodwill goes a long way....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Sep 27 2005, 09:52 AM) Quoted post

Brilliant move on OLN's part....a little goodwill goes a long way....
                              [/b][/quote]

It will still only get a 0.9 rating [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                              X