Stephen Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Jackson

Anyone else growing tired of this guy's act? I mean, since when are 5 yard runs cause to spin the football and strut around with your hands on your hips? Get back to the huddle. I can't imagine many of the veterans being behind that sort of thing. Confidence is one thing, ignorant cockiness is another.

QUOTE(chazzz @ Sep 25 2005, 08:25 PM) Quoted post

Anyone else growing tired of this guy's act? I mean, since when are 5 yard runs cause to spin the football and strut around with your hands on your hips? Get back to the huddle. I can't imagine many of the veterans being behind that sort of thing. Confidence is one thing, ignorant cockiness is another.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I love him as a player, but that does get annoying after a while.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I'd just like to see SJ get at least twenty touches of the ball.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I'm sad to say that I don't even notice this type of behavior anymore.

It's part of the game now.

Comment

I was at the game today, and his act stood out above and beyond. There was a 6 yd. run the first half on the Ten. sideline that really caught my attention. Plus, the fact he gave up on the lateral play ticked me off too. Someone is responsible for that, when you run that play in practice the coaches better be telling them to beware the lateral and finish the play out. Maybe the coaches never mentioned it, but you run that play in high school.

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Sep 25 2005, 08:38 PM) Quoted post

I was at the game today, and his act stood out above and beyond. There was a 6 yd. run the first half on the Ten. sideline that really caught my attention. Plus, the fact he gave up on the lateral play ticked me off too. Someone is responsible for that, when you run that play in practice the coaches better be telling them to beware the lateral and finish the play out. Maybe the coaches never mentioned it, but you run that play in high school.
            [/b][/quote]

Wasn't SJ the only Ram player who even bothered to chase down Sirmon?

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Sep 25 2005, 08:32 PM) Quoted post

I'm sad to say that I don't even notice this type of behavior anymore.

It's part of the game now.
              [/b][/quote]
              ++

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 25 2005, 08:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                Bulger ran after him, but fell. It's his cement shoes, really.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 25 2005, 08:42 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No, he was just the fastest man on the field that happened to catch him. Doesn't excuse the fact he took his head out of the play before he heard a whistle.

Comment

Chazz,

I'm a Titans fan. I was there. That was NOT a lateral pass.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 25 2005, 08:48 PM) Quoted post

Chazz,

I'm a Titans fan. I was there. That was NOT a lateral pass.
                      [/b][/quote]

Kev,

Watch the replay here:

http://www.sportscartel.com/forum/in...howtopic=34076

Doesn't matter anyway. There wasn't a whistle. Play to the whistle.

Comment

For someone with his size and power, I can't understand why he is such a north-south runner.......that guy should be blowing away people a la Eddie George.......
                        TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

QUOTE(chazzz @ Sep 25 2005, 07:51 PM) Quoted post

Doesn't matter anyway. There wasn't a whistle. Play to the whistle.
                          [/b][/quote]

++

No excuse.
                          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 25 2005, 08:54 PM) Quoted post

For someone with his size and power, I can't understand why he is such a north-south runner.......that guy should be blowing away people a la Eddie George.......
                            [/b][/quote]

I think maybe you've got your directions mixed-up, bro... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                            -mike
                            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

QUOTE(OldSchoolStroker @ Sep 25 2005, 09:14 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 25 2005, 08:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I think maybe you've got your directions mixed-up, bro... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]
                              ++

Comment

Working...
                              X