Irrational Martz Haters Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrational Martz Haters Beware

Oh, so just because you're a first round pick -- you should be thrown in there immediately, whether you're ready or not?

I don't think so.

When did Pace start his first game? Sixth week? Seventh? Something like that. And that was Saint Dick Vermeil calling the shots on that one.

Here's what I know and have come to expect from many (not all) Rams fans:

Martz and this team could win a game 73-0, and you'd find things to rip.

Martz irritates the heck out of me with some of his goofy decisions -- but the way he eased Barron into this offense ain't one of them.

The kid played great.

Enjoy his success. Please. If that's possible.

--B[/b][/quote]

DV has replaced KW as Bernie's new strawman.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

He lets his personal feelings about LaMartz impact his assessment.

That's taboo.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Sep 25 2005, 04:21 PM) Quoted post

He lets his personal feelings about LaMartz impact his assessment.

That's taboo.
      [/b][/quote]

Bernie's a crybaby and one of Martz's water boys in the STL media.

I don't care if Bernie likes it or agrees with Martz or what -- asking why it took until the second half of the third game for your first round pick to play, especially in light of his performance and the fact that RT is the weakest link on the line, is a legimate question.

Comment

That was one helluva play on the fumble.

I've seen many many StL first round picks that don't make a play like that in their whole friggin' careers.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Sep 25 2005, 04:29 PM) Quoted post

That was one helluva play on the fumble.

I've seen many many StL first round picks that don't make a play like that in their whole friggin' careers.
          [/b][/quote]

He was a ray of light, no question, and that play saved the game.

Comment

Bernie who?
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 25 2005, 04:32 PM) Quoted post

Bernie who?
              [/b][/quote]

Point taken. I just wandered over there hoping would have some insight. Instead, he condescends and corrects "bad" Rams fans.

I give up.

Viva [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Sep 25 2005, 05:36 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 25 2005, 04:32 PM) Quoted post

Bernie who?
                [/b][/quote]

Point taken. I just wandered over there hoping would have some insight. Instead, he condescends and corrects "bad" Rams fans.

I give up.

Viva [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]
                [/b][/quote]

Of course. That's what he does. I quit reading him long ago.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Bernie is the same assbag that called anyone who criticized Orlando Pace last year after his holdout a racist.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 25 2005, 05:40 PM) Quoted post

Bernie is the same assbag that called anyone who criticized Orlando Pace last year after his holdout a racist.
                    [/b][/quote]

Hell, I missed that.

Fuck him.

Pace's yearly holdouts go him squat and Poston deservedly fired.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 25 2005, 05:44 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Sep 25 2005, 05:40 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Hell, I missed that.

Fuck him.

Pace's yearly holdouts go him squat and Poston deservedly fired.
                      [/b][/quote]

I got banned from there last year after I tried to get him to explain why it was racist to criticize him.
                      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/innocent.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think the people that hate Martz are "Irrational", many people have valid reasons.
                          Be it the use of time outs, special teams, lack of use of Faulk in the S.B. ....
                          These are reasons that have been talked about and pointed out by national broadcasters, are they the be all and end all of sport? NO, but it does lend validity to what we all see on out TVs.

There are good reasons to not like Mad Mike, and I am sure the people who like him can list equally good reasons to like him.
                          It's personal opinion, and as long as you have actual points for your argument neither is really "wrong"**

** (this rational stream of thought does not apply to George W. Bush) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

What are the irrational reasons for hating Martz? I can only come up with rational ones.
                            On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Alex Barron is a terrible first round pick. He needs to spend more attention to detail and get good special teamers!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X