I think this will work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this will work...

So I bought this new digital camera at Best Buy. It has worked fine until today. Everytime I now take a picture I get horizontal lines covering the entire photo.

I called Best Buy to see about their refund/return policy... 14 days, I bought the camera in mid July.

SO, here is what I am going to do unless someone has an idea how to fix this.

I am going to go buy the exact camera I have and return the defective one. I am left with a brand new camera, minus the 15% restock fee.

Fuck Best Buy and their ghey return policy.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Sep 24 2005, 08:09 PM) Quoted post

So I bought this new digital camera at Best Buy. It has worked fine until today. Everytime I now take a picture I get horizontal lines covering the entire photo.

I called Best Buy to see about their refund/return policy... 14 days, I bought the camera in mid July.

SO, here is what I am going to do unless someone has an idea how to fix this.

I am going to go buy the exact camera I have and return the defective one. I am left with a brand new camera, minus the 15% restock fee.

Fuck Best Buy and their ghey return policy.
    [/b][/quote]

It'll only work if they're idiots. Otherwise, they'll check the serial number of the returned camera, and if they don't match, they'll refuse to take it.

Comment

Fuck

Comment

How would they have gotten the serial number off the camera? Did they open the box before you walked out of the store and record it?

Comment

QUOTE(sherwood koho @ Sep 24 2005, 08:31 PM) Quoted post

How would they have gotten the serial number off the camera? Did they open the box before you walked out of the store and record it?
          [/b][/quote]

Serial # is on the box.

Comment

why don't you just contact the person who makes the camera instead of acting like this is best buy's problem?

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Sep 24 2005, 08:35 PM) Quoted post

why don't you just contact the person who makes the camera instead of acting like this is best buy's problem?
              [/b][/quote]

I need a camera for closing day at Busch...

Comment

then you either need to buy a totally new one or a cheap one. i would still contact whoever made the camera though since you apparently got some shoddy merchandise, hell they may even be able to fix it for you.

and when i say fix it, i mean over the phone.

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Sep 24 2005, 08:41 PM) Quoted post

then you either need to buy a totally new one or a cheap one. i would still contact whoever made the camera though since you apparently got some shoddy merchandise, hell they may even be able to fix it for you.

[/b][/quote]

The camera is still under warrany with Canon, I will give them a call Monday to see if they can help.

If not I can mail it in for repairs.

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Sep 24 2005, 08:49 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Sep 24 2005, 08:41 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The camera is still under warrany with Canon, I will give them a call Monday to see if they can help.

If not I can mail it in for repairs.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    that's the best you can do. I've had to deal with Sony on a few occasions cause gosh forbid headphones last more than 6 months, but i always keep the warranty so i can mail them the headphones and get mine repaired or in most cases, new ones. if you pitch a hissy fit you may not even have to pay S&H.

unfortunatly thanks to shoddy merchandise so frequent in mechanical things, if Best Buy gave returns to anyone over 2 wks, everyone would be coming back. they still suck though

Comment

One of my friends once bought a computer game at Best Buy. He took it home, played it for a bit, and hated it. So he went back and tried to return it. They wouldn't take it because it was opened.

He then proceeded to go into another store (still best buy) with the game (the opened one they refused to take back). Put the Opened one on the Shelf, Took a New One, went to customer service. Returned the Game that he had just gotten off the shelf, and got his money back.

God knows what would of happened if he got caught.
                      Billikens.com

Comment

I used to do all that stuff when I worked at Toys R Us - well I was the bitch that sent MANY people back out the door when I wouldn't give them a new system.

I loved it when they'd bring one in, say they bought it like that when there was 1/2" of dust and soda rings on the top of it.

I'd laugh at them - and tell them to take their Nintendo with them, cause I wasnt' going to take it.
                        Feb. 08, 2005
                        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                        Originally posted by Airshark
                        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Sep 24 2005, 09:02 PM) Quoted post

One of my friends once bought a computer game at Best Buy. He took it home, played it for a bit, and hated it. So he went back and tried to return it. They wouldn't take it because it was opened.

He then proceeded to go into another store (still best buy) with the game (the opened one they refused to take back). Put the Opened one on the Shelf, Took a New One, went to customer service. Returned the Game that he had just gotten off the shelf, and got his money back.

[/b][/quote]

I've got that beat. I bought a game at EB and found out my wife had bought me the same game for my birthday. Since it was unopened, I returned it - to Fry's Electronics, since it somehow slipped my mind where I had purchased it. Fry's accepted the return and gave me store credit even though I didn't buy it there - they just didn't check. I didn't realize it until I found the original receipt at my house.

Comment

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Sep 24 2005, 07:02 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Sep 24 2005, 08:35 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                              ++

Best Buy folks can be dicks. We all know they are looking for a different kind of customer than most of us. What'd they call us? Harrys?

But in this case, you're right on. They did their job and even offered extra protection through the warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X