Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Refurbished Video Cards From Manf... Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Refurbished Video Cards From Manf... Good Idea?

Its $179 refurbished from ATI.

The X700 is $199 at BestBuy. I think the X800 goes for $300 retail.

Should this be something I'm wary of? My home office PC -- the Vaio that almost never was -- is a refurb from Sony and I've had NOTHING but good experiences (other than FedEx fucking me over.) Has anyone ever used or bought refurbed components?

Thanks.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Sep 24 2005, 12:15 PM) Quoted post

Its $179 refurbished from ATI.

The X700 is $199 at BestBuy. I think the X800 goes for $300 retail.

Should this be something I'm wary of? My home office PC -- the Vaio that almost never was -- is a refurb from Sony and I've had NOTHING but good experiences (other than FedEx fucking me over.) Has anyone ever used or bought refurbed components?

Thanks.
    [/b][/quote]

Winston, want a better deal? I am getting rid of an eVGA GeForce 6800GT, PCI-E card. It'll crush that X700, and moreover, it has an Arctic Cooling NV5 Silencerâ„¢ silent cooler installed, normally a $40 addition. The card is in great shape, and in fact is in the PC I'm typing this on right now - but I'm replacing it with a different card to drive a different monitor. If you're interested, PM me.

EDIT: It has 256MB RAM, forgot to add.

Comment

Working...
    X