Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we know who'll take down #3 at Busch

From Bernie's Bits:

For their final five regular-season games at Busch Stadium, the Cardinals have enlisted an impressive lineup to tear down the Busch countdown number in right field: Pujols (No. 5), Marty Marion (4), Mark McGwire (3), Red Schoendienst (2) and Ozzie Smith (1).
    Make America Great For Once.

Interesting..............

Let the booing ensue.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would choose to boo him. Mark was only following the script set down by the power brokers at MLB to stoke up the fan intrest in a game that was on the last of its nine lives, following the disaster in 1994.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 24 2005, 07:54 AM) Quoted post

I don't understand why anyone would choose to boo him. Mark was only following the script set down by the power brokers at MLB to stoke up the fan intrest in a game that was on the last of its nine lives, following the disaster in 1994.
        [/b][/quote]

I agree, I have ZERO problem with roids and the players that did and are doing them, but for all of this towns ripping of other big name "accused" roid users, I think many will boooo Mr. McGwire
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I didn't know Marty Marion was still alive.
          But wait. There is something that can be done afterall. My good friend Angelo is a cop in the Tampa/Clearwater area. Since I kept all of the files from the access logs when I had the power to see them, guess what, I have everyone's IP addresses. Hmm..what can I do w/ those??

Comment

[/b][/quote]

I could tell you why people would boo McGwire, but I'm not here to talk about the past.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:08 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I could tell you why people would boo McGwire, but I'm not here to talk about the past.
              [/b][/quote]

Bud Selig, Don Fehr, and all thirty two MLB club owners need to be booed.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Sep 24 2005, 08:18 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:08 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Bud Selig, Don Fehr, and all thirty two MLB club owners need to be booed.
                [/b][/quote]

Sounds good. Are they taking down any numbers at Busch though?
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I'll tell you why McGwire might get booed. He's a liar, a cheat and he's not a very loyal friend unlike his "friend" TLR. TLR has stood up for the guy and look how he treats him. If he did roids, stand up like a man and admit it. If you didn't, say so. Very easy. I know that baseball "encouraged" it through their no action while the turnstiles turned but the bottom line is be a man. Don't cower behind that "I don't want to talk about the past" crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
                  RIP Stan the Man
                  The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                  I miss TLR!

Comment

Why make McGwire the scapegoat for a cooperate standard?

Comment

Why the hell would you boo Mark? I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's not about McGwire, It's about Busch. Are they going to boo Hernandez? Cocaine is much worse than 'roids. I've never done 'roids, but coke damn near ruined my life. I would cheer my ass of if I was lucky enough to be there.
                      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:25 AM) Quoted post

I'll tell you why McGwire might get booed. He's a liar, a cheat and he's not a very loyal friend unlike his "friend" TLR. TLR has stood up for the guy and look how he treats him. If he did roids, stand up like a man and admit it. If you didn't, say so. Very easy. I know that baseball "encouraged" it through their no action while the turnstiles turned but the bottom line is be a man. Don't cower behind that "I don't want to talk about the past" crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

Mark didn't do himself any favors with his remarks before Congress, that I'll concede. I don't know if he was told by MLB legal counsel to clam up, or what.

Comment

He was a flipping stud in 98....nuff said. Its a day for the Cards and Bush and the Fans. He doesn't even have the homerun record ...... booo birds relax.

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Sep 24 2005, 08:30 AM) Quoted post

Why the hell would you boo Mark? I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's not about McGwire, It's about Busch. Are they going to boo Hernandez? Cocaine is much worse than 'roids. I've never done 'roids, but coke damn near ruined my life. I would cheer my ass of if I was lucky enough to be there.
                            [/b][/quote]

Amen to that.

Comment

I didn't say I would boo him, I just said that is why some people might boo him. I'm a Cardinal fan first and foremost, I would personally ignore him. Same as I do for TLR. I respect and appreciate TLR but I just think he is a jinx when it comes to postseason results, that's all. I will be there on Saturday and I will cheer like crazy for every Cardinal there but I will ignore McGwire. I just don't appreciate his ways after all the fans and the team did for him. I still say that Andro crap was a easy way for him to get suspicious writers off the trail. I think he planted it there and made a big deal about the writer "snooping" in his locker. Then everybody would think, "Oh, Big Mac doesn't do roids"! I call bullshit. I'll ignore the liar and cheat.
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X