Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned about La Russa?

I worry about over-ing.

sp's, rp's, lefties, righties, vs. whoever, etc.

I hated this last game on so many damn levels. Here's my attention.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

CG,

I expect him to do what he always does.

And, I expect his defenders to watch him blow it and make up excuses.

Nothing changes but the date.
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

there is reason for concern.

We will watch and see.

Comment

LaRussa was good last year in the post-season.

That said, this situation (lineup missing some regulars) sets up perfectly for his "tinkering" side.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Comment

I just want to say..........Oh nevermind, GibbyGirl will get mad at me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Besides, you all know how I feel.

hint: jinx.
          RIP Stan the Man
          The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
          I miss TLR!

Comment

Why is King still the top lefty in the bullpen?

Why is he having Carpenter throw 106 pitches with a balking back?

Yeah...as always...as we near the post season. What Tony might do concerns me.

Even last year with starting Morris on three days rest... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 24 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post

Even last year with starting Morris on three days rest... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
              [/b][/quote]

I understand they have to show confidence in the player but even in today's paper TLR and Dunc are talking about how FATFUCK will turn it around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

Please, please, please let us win the world series despite our anchor. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
              RIP Stan the Man
              The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
              I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 10:58 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(TTB @ Sep 24 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I understand they have to show confidence in the player but even in today's paper TLR and Dunc are talking about how FATFUCK will turn it around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Well...the GDTs will be 'interesting' when King enters a game... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

I just want to say..........Oh nevermind, GibbyGirl will get mad at me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Besides, you all know how I feel.

[/b][/quote]
                  I wouldn't get mad at you, I know what your opinion is, and that's fine. Leaving Carp in last night was dumb to say the least. But I do think it's time for a new catch phrase [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                  The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

QUOTE(gibsongirl @ Sep 24 2005, 01:33 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    I wouldn't get mad at you, I know what your opinion is, and that's fine. Leaving Carp in last night was dumb to say the least. But I do think it's time for a new catch phrase [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]
                    How aboot: I won't eat another Tasty Cake and drink a beer till TLR is fired

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I'm worried.

Comment

I didn't see much baseball over the weekend.

What idiotic things did our manager do that people are worried about?
                        I'm always right.

Comment

QUOTE(kaiser @ Sep 26 2005, 09:51 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He gave Taguchi a start on the mound.

Ridiculous, isn't it?
                          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(kaiser @ Sep 26 2005, 08:51 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Nothing. It's the annual Cards-clinched-early-and-we-have-nothing-else-to-talk-about time.

We need one of those Homeland Security charts, from:

Mildly concerned

Annoyed

Fretting

Worried

Eating fingernails

Panicked

I'm still at mildly concerned overall, fretting about Carpenter and panicked about Ray King (with Tavarez not far behind.) I could see a lot of seventh- and eighth-inning anxiety this year. LaRussa doesn't really worry me much. Which probably should worry me.
                            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

I was pretty flippin annoyed with tony, but really, I don't want to be worried about anything (especially Carpenter), so I decided to see what happens if I talk about tony worry.

KBF is right...End of season after a clinch is always a weird time. I think I have calmed down now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X