Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT 9/24/05 Cards (96-59)vs Brewers (76-77)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT 9/24/05 Cards (96-59)vs Brewers (76-77)

Ok, it's time to nip this in the bud. No more lax play by anyone from here on out. Time to get our game faces back on and get ready for the Phillies. (?????) Sorry Xavier. I think the Fighting Phils are coming on strong. Clemens is out today and their offense just doesn't look like it's going to be there.

St. Louis at Milwaukee
    Sat, Sep 24 - 6:05 pm CDT
    M. Mulder vs. G. Glover
    win/lost 16-7 vs 3-4
    era 3.43 vs 6.70
    K's 105 vs 39
    W's 62 vs 17
    WHIP 1.33 vs 1.65

Better preview to follow in the morning.
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Brewers 5, Cardinals 2

Home Runs:
    Eckstein (STL)

The Brewers will get a good outing out of Glover, who hasn't been in the rotation since the beginning of the season..........the Brewers are mathematically not out of it (7.5 games out with 9 to go), but it's a long shot now........the main goal in Milwaukee now is to finish off with a winning season........
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 24 2005, 02:58 AM) Quoted post

Brewers 5, Cardinals 2

Home Runs:
      Eckstein (STL)

The Brewers will get a good outing out of Glover, who hasn't been in the rotation since the beginning of the season..........the Brewers are mathematically not out of it (7.5 games out with 9 to go), but it's a long shot now........the main goal in Milwaukee now is to finish off with a winning season........
      [/b][/quote]

Hey, anybody that is the sponsor of the Wisconsin Badgers is a friend of mine. You can stick Brett (God) Favre up your ass and I'm not too happy with your prediction of the game but I like the Bucky fan in you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] You must be a Wisconsin native, right?
      RIP Stan the Man
      I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:10 AM) Quoted post

Brewers 5, Cardinals 2

Home Runs:
        Eckstein (STL)

[/b][/quote]

Hey, anybody that is the sponsor of the Wisconsin Badgers is a friend of mine. You can stick Brett (God) Favre up your ass and I'm not too happy with your prediction of the game but I like the Bucky fan in you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] You must be a Wisconsin native, right?
        [/b][/quote]

Not a Wisconsin native, but an adopted fan since the mid-80's.......when the Big Red left for Arizona, I adopted the Packers, thus everything else fell in place......

Big game in Madison tonight vs. Michigan!.......go Badgers!
        TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Here's the rest of the story.

I've got lukewarm feelings for the previous poster. He's a Wisconsin Badgers fan but on the other hand he's a Brett Favre/Milwaukee Brewer fan too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]/

St. Louis (96-59) at Milwaukee (76-77)

Game Info: 6:05 pm CDT Sat Sep 24, 2005
          TV: KPLR, FSN

Starting Pitchers

M. Mulder StL vs. G. Glover Mil

16-7 Record 3-4
          3.43 ERA 6.70
          105 K 39
          62 BB 17
          17 HR 10

The Milwaukee Brewers will try to build on the momentum of a rare home win over the St. Louis Cardinals as the teams continue a three-game series at Miller Park.
          Chris Capuano became the first Brewers pitcher since Teddy Higuera in 1987 to win 18 games as the Brewers beat the Cardinals 9-6 in Friday's series opener. St. Louis, which has already clinched the NL Central crown for a second straight year, had won eight straight games in Milwaukee since Sept. 21, 2004.

The Cardinals had swept the Brewers twice at Miller Park this season, in April and August.

Bill Hall had four hits and Lyle Overbay hit a tiebreaking double for the Brewers, who came back from a four-run deficit. Milwaukee has won three of four since a three-game losing streak.

The Brewers need five wins in their final nine games to avoid their 13th straight losing season.

``We think it's attainable, it's always in our mind,'' first baseman Lyle Overbay said.

Mark Grudzielanek drove in three runs for the Cardinals, who have lost four of their last five. Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter lost for the first time in more than three months.[/b][/quote]
          RIP Stan the Man
          I miss TLR!

Comment

Win #17 for Mulder tonight. Does anybody else think Farve and Jenkins were seperated at birth???
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 24 2005, 08:16 AM) Quoted post

Brewers 5, Cardinals 2

Home Runs:
              Eckstein (STL)

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Not a Wisconsin native, but an adopted fan since the mid-80's.......when the Big Red left for Arizona, I adopted the Packers, thus everything else fell in place......

[/b][/quote]

Then how do you explain the Jenkins/Brewers love affair? Why the Badgers instead of Mizzou? Oh wait, nevermind on that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

My son is a graduate student at UW. Incidently, he drove in for the weekend last night and is upstairs sleeping and probably will be for many more hours today. That's the only reason I'm a fan, what's your excuse? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
              RIP Stan the Man
              I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 08:30 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(kmeyer @ Sep 24 2005, 08:16 AM) Quoted post

Brewers 5, Cardinals 2

Home Runs:
                Eckstein (STL)

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Then how do you explain the Jenkins/Brewers love affair? Why the Badgers instead of Mizzou? Oh wait, nevermind on that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

My son is a graduate student at UW. Incidently, he drove in for the weekend last night and is upstairs sleeping and probably will be for many more hours today. That's the only reason I'm a fan, what's your excuse? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                [/b][/quote]

Despite being a UMR and UMSL alum, I despise Mizzou...maybe it was the U of M system that did it to me. ......nobody can understand the Brewers loyalty, but here it goes......pretty much in college, I would read the Journal Sentinal to keep up with the Packers, thus got good coverage of the Badgers and Brewers.....this is post '82 Brewers of course, so it has been years of following a less than mediocre team........I did get to make it up to the old Milwaukee County Stadium a few times in the late '80s through the mid-90s as well as seeing the Badgers play football up in Champaign (football and basketball).........back then the Brewers fan base was uninspiring up there, but as far as the Badgers go, those are some hardcore fans..........oh well, I guess I am considered a traitor, but I have stuck to my guns for almost the last 20 years.....
                [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I still say Favre and Jenkins are from the same embryo.
                  I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Sep 24 2005, 09:15 AM) Quoted post

I still say Favre and Jenkins are from the same embryo.
                    [/b][/quote]

That is a funny coincidence......that was the first thing my wife said when she saw Jenkins up close.....
                    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's cool. I like loyalty, it's a good trait.

When we took my son to school several weeks ago we made a trip to Milwaukee to see Miller Park. They were playing the Braves and we had fantastic seats, 3rd row directly behind home plate. I wore my Scott Rolen jersey and everyone in the house was very friendly and all wanted to talk about their young Brewers and how much they were rooting for the Cards but letting me know that they were "up and coming" soon. Very friendly people and GREAT brats, too! I couldn't believe the parking lot 2 hours before the game. Thousands of tailgaters and a couple even offered us food. We passed on the offer of beers though. Most were all drinking something called Miller for some reason. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] We passed because the wife works for AB and Miller is just clydesdale piss anyway. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you have any connections for Wisconsin football tickets by any chance? I want to go to a game sometime. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                      RIP Stan the Man
                      I miss TLR!

Comment

QUOTE(jhuegy @ Sep 24 2005, 09:21 AM) Quoted post

That's cool. I like loyalty, it's a good trait.

When we took my son to school several weeks ago we made a trip to Milwaukee to see Miller Park. They were playing the Braves and we had fantastic seats, 3rd row directly behind home plate. I wore my Scott Rolen jersey and everyone in the house was very friendly and all wanted to talk about their young Brewers and how much they were rooting for the Cards but letting me know that they were "up and coming" soon. Very friendly people and GREAT brats, too! I couldn't believe the parking lot 2 hours before the game. Thousands of tailgaters and a couple even offered us food. We passed on the offer of beers though. Most were all drinking something called Miller for some reason. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] We passed because the wife works for AB and Miller is just clydesdale piss anyway. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you have any connections for Wisconsin football tickets by any chance? I want to go to a game sometime. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                        [/b][/quote]

That is a cool story........the tailgating for baseball thing is a tradition there...........I watch every game on MLB extra innings, and they rant and rave about the farm system and how good they will be within the next few years.....playing .500 ball, I am believing the hype compared to a Pirates team that was supposed to be at the top by now because they had a good minor league system.....

In regards to Badger tickets, I have no connections.......that is pretty much why I went to Champaign to see them play in the past........I would go to ebay......I can't imagine what a ticket would cost for todays game.......I can't wait to see the refurbished Camp Randall Stadium.......

Comment

This thread needs more huegy grabass...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I went a Packer game at Lambeau a few years ago JH

Good peeps up there.
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

MY BOY MARKY MARK WILL HAVE A GOOD GAME!!!!!1111OEN

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X