Advertising On My Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising On My Cell Phone

Just got a text message from Foot Locker about a sale they are having this weekend, I have no fucking clue how they would've gotten my phone number, but regardless, this is fucking stupid. Good to see I am paying 10 cents for that text message so that foot locker can send unwanted spam to my cell phone.
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

www.donotcall.gov
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

This brings up a whole other issue for me.

Why the HELL should you or I have to pay for a text message that I didn't want sent to me, either from friend, co-worker, foot locker, or otherwise.

That is bullshit.

This is much more important to me than Treo making a flawed product, and I have a Treo.
      Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Sep 23 2005, 04:16 PM) Quoted post

Just got a text message from Foot Locker about a sale they are having this weekend, I have no fucking clue how they would've gotten my phone number, but regardless, this is fucking stupid. Good to see I am paying 10 cents for that text message so that foot locker can send unwanted spam to my cell phone.
        [/b][/quote]
        I guess I'll stop sending you spam text messages. I thought you could really take advantage of those deals!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

There is an LVR joke in this thread somewhere.
          Of course you do.

Comment

I used to think mobile phones at home were a rip off. Cell phones are even worse here.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 23 2005, 05:15 PM) Quoted post

This brings up a whole other issue for me.

Why the HELL should you or I have to pay for a text message that I didn't want sent to me, either from friend, co-worker, foot locker, or otherwise.

That is bullshit.

This is much more important to me than Treo making a flawed product, and I have a Treo.
              [/b][/quote]

Same with spam faxes, which you can get in trouble for. They cost paper, ink, etc.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if anyone sues...They could easily use the old cases about Junk Faxes (which are usually illegal) because unlike Junk Mail the Fax, you are providing the material involuntarily.
                Billikens.com

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Sep 23 2005, 05:41 PM) Quoted post

There is an LVR joke in this thread somewhere.
                  [/b][/quote]

It's gotta be the shoes!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                  X