X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitted for comment

Milwaukee at St. Louis
    VENUE: Busch Stadium

GAME: Milwaukee Brewers (68-94) at St. Louis Cardinals (85-77).

TIME: Monday, 4:10 p.m. EDT.

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa thinks this could be the best team he's had in his nine years in St. Louis.

"I think this is as good an on-paper unit as we've had anytime I've been here from one through 25," La Russa said. "What I'm happy about is a lot of the things that we needed to have happen in Florida happened, and I think we're going to start the season with a chance to win a lot of games.

"I don't think we're going to sneak up on anybody."

Ok, I don't get it.

What is a lot? How can you not sneak up on other teams when you start the season?

Comment

"I don't think we're going to sneak up on anybody."
      Pure genius.

Saying we're not going to sneak up on anybody is the perfect way to set the stage to sneak up on everybody.

Reverse psychology.
      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Damn I actually agree with Tony on one point.

They are NOT going to sneak up on anyone. Well maybe they can sneak past Pitt for 3rd.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

"I think this is as good an on-paper unit as we've had anytime I've been here from one through 25," La Russa said. "What I'm happy about is a lot of the things that we needed to have happen in Florida happened, and I think we're going to start the season with a chance to win a lot of games.
          So what does it mean if you finish 3rd?
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

pure genious, i mean we wear red, how can we sneak up on anyone?!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 10:09 AM
              "What I'm happy about is a lot of the things that we needed to have happen in Florida happened..."
              Like...

1. A 2B stepping up to claim the job.
              2. A LF stepping up to claim the job.
              3. Carpenter pitching well.
              4. Woody erasing any doubts about his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke@Apr 5 2004, 10:23 AM
                pure genious, i mean we wear red, how can we sneak up on anyone?!
                It worked for the British in the Revolutionary war, right Reggie?
                2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Can the Cardinals sneak up on anyone when the Faction flies a banner overheard saying "Fire La Russa"? That's not really stealthy, is it?

Comment

It worked for the British in the Revolutionary war, right Reggie?
                    Yes, and for Randall Simon against that weenie, too.

Comment

Best team in St Louis since he got here?

Uh, if you say so, Tony.
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieCleveland@Apr 5 2004, 11:09 AM
                        Cardinals manager Tony La Russa thinks this could be the best team he's had in his nine years in St. Louis.

Tony is practicing for his next job in ocean front property sales in Arizona.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I'm glad he's saying that.
                          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Working...
                          X